Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water logging function has a glitch

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The dashboard waterlogging function on app on android phone is showing that Monday had 0 water intake which is not accurate. Also it has added a day so although today is Thursday it is recording today's water intake as Friday. Tried reinstalling but same problem remains.

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

Welcome to the Forums @Saskia99.

Thanks for letting us know that you tried resintalling the app but that the issue prevailed.

I'd like to take a closer look at what is going on. Could you share some screenshots of what you are seeing with the water log? That way I can better understand and find the best way to move forward.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Hi Lanuza,

Please see attached screen shots. Please note these were taken on the Friday of that week, and it was recording that day's intake as Saturday. Also I had logged water intake for the Monday, which is incorrectly showing no intake that day.

Thanks,

Saskia99

Screenshot_20190308-205530_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20190308-205505_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer

I am having the exact same problem. Every time I try and log something for today it registers an additional day in advance (so going to 15, 16, 17 March etc; and they all say 'Today') and the water intake gets logged for a previous day.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @heiditc. Hello @Saskia99.

I apologize for the delay in my response. I'd like to take a closer look at your situation.

The first thing I'd like to ask you both to confirm if you are running the latest version of the Fitbit app. You can click here to read more about it in here. In addition please let me know what Android version you are running. 

In the meantime let's try to clear the app's cache and see if that helps:

1. Go into the phone's settings.
  2. There, look for the application settings.
  3. Tap on the Fitbit app.
  4. Finally select the option to clear the apps cache.

That should help so that the water starts logging correctly. 

Keep me posted on how it goes or if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Hi Lanuza, I've cleared the cache and that doesn't make any difference. The app is up to date; I'm running Android 9. The same thing happens on my old phone (Android 8).

Best Answer

Hi Lanuza,

I have the latest version and have cleared the cache and restarted my phone, but the problem remains, perhaps even worse. Screen shots attached. Note these were taken today which is Sunday 17th March, not Monday 18th. It is now missing more than one days water intake. Thanks, Saskia.

Screenshot_20190317-181621_Fitbit[1].jpgScreenshot_20190317-181634_Fitbit[1].jpgScreenshot_20190317-195443_Fitbit[1].jpg

Best Answer

I'm having issues with the water logging function as well but it's not doing the same as yours.  Every time I need to add water for the day, all the older days/entries show double the amount I actually drank.  So just a few mins ago, I added my 2nd 16oz water bottle and the past 7 days showed double.  I saw on this thread to clear the cache, so I did that.  When I logged back in they still show double (however if you click on one of those days, the correct amount is shown there for that specific day) and now today shows that I drank 4 16oz bottles instead of 2.

Best Answer

Update:

This morning, I couldn't get anything in the water feature to show up, just a spinning thing.  Now it shows up, everything still shows as double what I actually drank & there are 2 options that say TODAY!

Best Answer

I'm having these issues too with my app.  I'm on a Samsung S9 with Android Pie, and have checked an I have the latest version of Fitbit installed. 

Best Answer

Hello @heiditc and @Saskia99. Welcome to the Forums @Zonda and @heiditc.

I apologize for the delay in my response.

Thanks for sharing your experiences on the matter! In this case to ask @Saskia99 and @elaldinger to let me know what phone and what Android version is it that you are running.

In addition to that, please all of you check what version of the app are you currently running.

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lanuza,

I uninstalled and reinstalled on 5/3/19 and have version 2.89.

My samsung J5 pro is running android version 8.1.

Thanks,

Saskia99

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lanuza, I'm also running version 2.89

Best Answer

Hi Lanuza,

I have version 2.89 and I'm using an LG Stylo 3 with Android version 7.0

Thanks!

Best Answer

HI, I'm running version 2.89 thanks

Best Answer

Hello @Zonda@Saskia99@elaldinger and @heiditc.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Thanks for reaching out with those details I asked about.

In this case I'd like to ask that you all try to update the app to version 2.90. You can click here to read more about it.

Please let me know how it goes or if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lanuza, I've updated the app to version 2.90 and cleared the cache again; the issue persists.

Best Answer

Hi Lanuza, I have version 2.9, cleared cashe again and restarted phone. Issue remains. Thanks, Saskia. 

Best Answer

Hello @Saskia99 and @heiditc.

Thanks for updating to the latest version of the app and letting me know that it has continued.

In this case I'd like to confirm if the issue is still with the water being logged for the next day or if it has changed in any way?

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,  i was already on the latest version.  It is still an issue. ThanksSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer