Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water tile shows information logged in the incorrect day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since the update that introduced the new sleep tracking score (I think) I've had an issue with the water tracking tile. It has persisted across multiple phones, re-installs of the app and trackers. The android app seems to think that it is tomorrow for some reason (which is probably isn't timezone based, as the Date Line is almost right next to NZ), and on top of that, it doesn't accurately track what was entered on what day (i.e. the main view says there was 0 mL on 5th August, but if it go into that day it has 3250 mL). To make it even worse, every time I go into a day, upon returning to the main water screen a new "Today" entry appears with 0 mL in it. I've tried deleting days, broken and otherwise but it doesn't help the problem at all. As a result I've basically stopped tracking water in the app, I have no idea what day it's going on when I enter it half the time and the info displayed is unreliable (the online web based dashboard shows everything correctly however, so the data it's self is fine). Has anyone noticed this before? Any ideas what I could try to fix it (that I haven't already)? Cheers

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @NickyT_NZ. I'm glad to see you on board.

Thanks for sharing detailed information about this situation, as well for the steps that you tried prior posting. While this sounds strange, let's work on this together. Our team recently released a new update for the Fitbit app, so make sure it's downloaded as well that your phone is running the latest Android version. Besides this, please double check that the time zone is correct in the Fitbit app and your phone.

About the water logs not being displayed correctly, do you have the same issue with other stats? If not, please take a screenshot of the water logs from the Fitbit app and attach it in your reply. This will help me to further investigate.

I look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lizzy, 

Thanks for your reply. Yes, the app is fully up to date (I think it started with the new dashboard update) and the timezone settings are correct (and all other tiles record the correct times). The attached screenshots were taken this morning (monday), apologies for the volume sliders in the way, it says "Today" under .

As you can see from the first screenshot There is data for the days, but for some reason the final day (which I had just added) was on the yet to happen "Tuesday", and today (monday) was duplicated.

Screenshot_20190819-083446.jpg

After viewing a few other days (no more data added) I lose a few days off the top portion and extra 0 mL "Todays" get added to the list below (4 in the screenshot).

Screenshot_20190819-083622.jpg

As you can see from the online dashboard however, the data online is fine and shows accurately the dates and amounts with no duplication.

onlinedashboard.jpg

If you have any ideas please let me know how I can fix this.

Best Answer

Hi @NickyT_NZ. It's great to see you here again. I'm sorry for my delay.

Thanks for getting back with the screenshots. They really helped! You're right about the logs in the Fitbit app, and I also find strange that it doesn't reflect the same information displayed in your fitbit.com dashboard. Since the Fitbit app is updated, I'd recommend to try the following steps:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. On your phone's settings tap on Apps > Fitbit > Storage > Clear Cache.
  3. Go back one screen, tap on force stop and reboot your phone.
  4. Log back into the Fitbit app and tap on the water tile.
  5. Try logging your water intake for the day.

You mentioned before to have had this issue in multiple phones, may I know if those phones were running Android? If so, please provide me with your phones' model and the Android version.

I'll be here, keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, i misclicked there, the solution wasn't accepted, it didn't work unfortunately. Same problem still persists. While i waited for a reply a new issue has actually cropped up too, this time on the food plan tile. A few days ago (after an update i think) it stopped displaying my food logs for no apparent reason. The logs are still there, if i add a custom item to a previous day it shows up  if i again and(with only that item) when i go to edit it everything shows up like it should. After saving and going back though its gone again. The weekly summary bar is still there though with correct avg values.

Screenshot_20190907-174947.jpg

Im going to be honest, im getting pretty frustrated with the quality of the app. It seems to fail catastrophically pretty regularly, especially lately. Im starting to regret deciding to give fitbit one last chance and getting a charge 3

Best Answer
Sorry, forgot to mention as well, the android versions were 5.1.1 (I think) on a Samsung Galaxy S4 and now Android 9 on a OnePlus 7 pro
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, just wondering if i can get an update based on my replies, or at least a confirmation its its being looked into?

Best Answer
0 Votes