Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weeks starts on monday

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there anyone who can help me?

My android app want let me use mondays as the first day of the week. My online dashboard does... Seems like its been a problem for several years. Why doesent anyone in fitbit respond to this

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi there @Tao75, it's nice to see you are visiting the Fitbit Community! I'm afraid this is not an option available for the Fitbit app yet. Certainly you can change this option from the online Dashboard but for the Fitbit app the week will start always on Sunday and cannot be changed at the time.

I recommend voting for this existing idea within our Feature Suggestion board. This is a great way to let us know what you'd like to see in the future!

I appreciate your understanding while we work to improve the Fitbit experience. See you around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it is crazy to have the week begin on Sunday!!!! Is this app created by someone from the 18 hundreds? Everybody starts their week on Monday so it says a lot about the company that they don't give you the option to do that info the app. I am new to fitbit and I am very disappointed by this. 

Best Answer

Hi there @SunsetRunner, welcome aboard to our Fitbit Community. Thank you for your feedback and I'm sure this option would be very important for you.

In this case I would like to recommend the suggestion I shared before: Start week on Monday on Android App. This idea has been categorized as "Under Consideration" so it would be good to have your vote to make more popular this idea.

appreciate your understanding while we work to improve this experience.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Over in the suggestion area, there was an announcement that this was being implemented in the recently released Android app. However there still seems to be no setting to do so. Several people including me I've asked for clarification. There has been no response from Fitbit.

The lack of communication after the announcement that this has been fixed is disturbing. Why the quiet, why the secrecy, why not any clarification to their users?

Best Answer

Looks like it has been fixed, but no one seems to figure out how? V2.63 of Fitbit app has no option to choose Monday. So is this fixed or not?Looks like it has been fixed, but no one seems to figure out how? V2.63 of Fitbit app has no option to choose Monday. So is this fixed or not?

@RobertoME is it fixed or not?

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Start-week-on-Monday-on-Android-App/idi-p/715960...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @dermbrian and @Tao75, thank you for bring this to my attention and let me apologies for not posting any update lately about your concerns.

I offer you an apology due to this confusion, since the status of the idea has changed to different categories.  Note that statuses are dynamic and can change constantly. The status "Under consideration" isn't a commitment to developing it and not planned can be planned again if priorities change in the future.

So to clarify this, the idea was under consideration, but recently was updated to not planned. So in any way has been implemented to the Fitbit app and I just want to emphasized on this so you can have clear information.

My apologies for this and let me know if you have more questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The bugfix (option is present in the Apple phone app, is missing in the
Android phone app) was actually changed from UNDER CONSIDERATION to
RELEASED. We questioned that for about a month with no response. I'm not
sure why you haven't addressed that. Rescinding the status from RELEASED
to NOT PLANNED is a big change to us. Perhaps you should remove the
functionality in the Apple phone app and see how well that goes for your
users.

Nothing was changed in the Fitbit App on the Android. What Fitbit App are
you talking about when you say "So in any way has been implemented to the
Fitbit app"? Windows 10 app? Apple app? Fitbit program for Windows? As
far as i know it was never missing from those platforms.

Anyway, thank you for the direct communication. I just can't understand
why this option, present in every other device, is not available on the
android version and now apparently never will be.

Brian
Best Answer

I haven't looked through my app v.2.63 for any new option to change the start of the week, but I changed it in my Fitbit.com dashboard months ago and it just recently started working in my current app. 

My app shows Monday as the beginning of the week, and calculates everything accordingly....... so I would say the problem has been fixed 😋 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems like moderators have no communication with Fitbit developers. Version 2.64 solves this issue. _20180112_224012.JPG

Best Answer
I have an IPhone and a Samsung phone. On the IPhone I can select to start the week on Monday. On the phone I use the most (android) this option is not available. How hard can it be to change this on android as well, just like on the IPhone. I find this very disappointing ) :

Verzonden vanaf Samsung-tablet.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tao75, hhow did you get version 2.64?  The Google Play store doesn't have that release yet.

Best Answer

@dermbrian I just google Fitbit 2.64 apk. 

But I got the official update on Google play today. Now there's an option to choose Monday in the advanced settings 

Moderator Edit: Removed external link

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep, finally!

Verzonden vanaf Samsung-tablet.
Best Answer
0 Votes