Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's new in the Fitbit app - Latest Update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It appears the following has changed.

Originally both the Clocks tile and Apps tile in the Fitbit App took you to the relevant section of the items installed on your  Ionic, Versa or Sense watch.

A recent change meant that both tiles took you to the Gallery, instead of your installed items.

Now

• The Clocks and Apps tiles have been consolidated into a Gallery tile which takes you to your watch Clocks and Apps
  • There is still an option using the tabs at the top to search the Gallery for clocks or apps.
  • The clocks and apps installed on your watch now appear together, where formerly they were separate.

This is an important change for people looking to change their clock faces or configure their apps, or load new ones.

Now look for the Gallery tile in the Fitbit App.

Older posts in the forum probably refer to the previous ways of changing your clock face.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I am moving your post to the Android forum.  The app update applies to all Fitbits that have an App Gallery, not just the Sense.  Your help suggestions are for Android phones, not iPhones, making this a better for your comments.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi @LZeeW  - as this does actually apply equally to iPhones where do you suggest putting it? Or a copy on the iOS forum perhaps?

I changed the wording to reflect to which watches it applies, now it's in a general place.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guy_   The consolidation you mention is already on the iOS app.  No input is required on your part.  iOS userr do not seem perplexed by any of the changes.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LZeeW  I think that you have missed the point of @Guy_  message. He was posting information about changes in the app. because all that is ever posted by the moderators on this forum is "bug fixes" blah blah.

No one told us that Fitbit were removing the 7 day summary from the app. Your remark about iOS users not being confused was unwarranted and came across as condescending. No one was complaining of being confused. @Guy_  was just saving people the effort of hunting for things that have been moved or renamed. Something that you could do if given the information to pass on instead of the usual vagueries.

@Guy_ What you found doesn't apply to my old charge 2, but THANK YOU for taking the time and trouble to provide this information.

Best Answer

@Guy_ Thanks for the summary of changes. @Lilbiddy @LZeeW Thanks for your input. 

@Guy_ If you would like to create a thread regarding any changes of the iOS Fitbit app on the iOS board as well, you are more than welcome. 

I think both have valid points. It seems to be a general change, for all newer devices.  However, the post was originally intended for users with a Sense or Fitbit devices with the Fitbit app gallery enabled. Hence these changes on the app do not apply to older devices, like the Charge 2. I can confirm, since I too still wear the Charge 2 to this date. This post will remain under the Android App board. However, I understand that some of the changes mentioned here are not reflected for all users depending on the device paired to the account. 

I appreciate your input and wish you have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer