Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Android os will work with my Blaze?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm planning on purchasing a new (mid range) tablet to replace my windows 8 laptop (which can't be upgraded).  I have a Blaze and for the life of me can't find out what is suitable! I've looked at the devices page on the website and it only seems to have phones on.  So do any of you successfully sync your Blaze to Android 5+, kitkat, lollipop or marshmallow - or do I need something else?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the helpful replies.  Fitbit came up with the goods in the end by specifying that my Blaze would work with Jellybean onwards (Android 4.3).  This made it so much easier to search for and review suitable tablets. Am now the proud owner of a Lenovo Tab 3 8. Great bit of kit for the price and syncs with my Blaze.

The reason for all the hassle was that my darling husband upgraded my Flex to a Blaze as a surprise gift, but I only have a windows 8 phone and it doesn't work - gutted didn't even cover it!

What a fab community to go with a fab company - cheers all x

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I'm not sure it's as simple as meeting a list of pre-requisites. Your best bet is the online list of supported devices which does have tablets as well as phones. If it's on there you will be ok, if it's not then it's a gamble as to whether it will work or not. If you have a specific tablet in mind then you could search the community to see if any problems have been reported.

www.fitbit.com/devices

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, this is so much more complicated than I want it to be!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I use a Nexus 7 which works well enough. It even manages the GPS tracking!

Best Answer

@DDBlazeI have Android V7 working perfectly on a non compatible phone.. V6.0.1 was also OK,

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
Thanks Colin, that's really useful to know!
Best Answer
0 Votes
"Thanks for the quick reply. All of my Fitbits have worked on both OS's because I was playing around with the multi set up.

Hope you arrive at a solution to suit your needs.
Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Hey @Colinm39, @Discalceate and @SteveH! Also, it's great to have you on the Forums @DDBlaze!

Like @SteveH mentioned, the best way would be to look for some options for your tablet and then compare that list to the compatible devices like that @SteveH mentioned. I think that would be the best way to go about it. 

Be sure to let us know if you have any further questions! Smiley Very Happy

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Thanks for the helpful replies.  Fitbit came up with the goods in the end by specifying that my Blaze would work with Jellybean onwards (Android 4.3).  This made it so much easier to search for and review suitable tablets. Am now the proud owner of a Lenovo Tab 3 8. Great bit of kit for the price and syncs with my Blaze.

The reason for all the hassle was that my darling husband upgraded my Flex to a Blaze as a surprise gift, but I only have a windows 8 phone and it doesn't work - gutted didn't even cover it!

What a fab community to go with a fab company - cheers all x

Best Answer

Hey there @DDBlaze! That's great to hear!

I hope you enjoy your Lenovo Tab very much! I recently purchased a (different) tablet myself and I'm loving it very much.

If you have the time, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. There you can talk about a lot of different topics with different users.

Hope to see you around! 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes