Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it so difficult to sync my device?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why is it so difficult to sync my device? It's so frustrating.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hello @Mishmashmosh, welcome to the Community Forums!

First, I appreciate your effort and patience for troubleshooting this situation before posting, I understand how frustrating this matter can be for you. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check how the syncing procedure works here and see if there's a missing requirement on your Android mobile device that's preventing the syncing procedure to be completed.

Then, you can move forward to the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and let me know how it goes. 

Keep me posted, I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all of the syncing help suggestions for my Flex including deleting my app.  I even tried deleting my flex and trying to reset the whole thing up and it will not find my device.  I've been trying to 2 days.  It quit syncing on May 20th.  I tried to do a live chat and waiting in line through 30 people and then it was my turn and I got cut off.  😞  This is my 4th (?) flex to have this issue and I am not happy.  It's still under warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. Mine hasn't synced since May 1. I'm honestly ready to look at other trackers because the Android app has always had issues in the 5 years I've owned Fitbits.

Best Answer

The trouble is the device does not automatically sync throughout the day/night and I have to manually sync it.  However when I try to manually sync it takes many many times of pressing sync throughout the day before it finally syncs.  This is an absolute waste of time.  The interval training is also the wrong way round so I can't use that either and it doesn't recognise a yoga workout.  Altogether I feel that Fitbit isn't for me.  I've only had it 6 weeks and it's my first experience with a tracker. I wish I'd chosen something else.

I have to say I'm not feeling the love with my inspire hr.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I was on the phone for over a hour with no success. They moved it to someone higher

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Thank you for participating in our Fitbit forums. I'm sorry about the syncing issues that your Fitbit devices have experienced. I totally understand how you guys feel and I appreciate the time spent trying to get this issue resolved before contacting our forums.

I'd like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if your Fitbit devices are syncing properly now.

In the meantime, please let me know if you receive any error message during the syncing process. If so, please provide a screenshot of the page that gives the error message. You can learn how to add images by following the steps listed in this post.

Also, make sure that your phones have the most recent Android system installed as well as the most recent Fitbit app version.

Looking forward to your responses.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
No it is not syncing. 😞 I've tried every day multiple times and I've
been a fitbit member for a long time. It's still under warranty and I'd
like to talk to someone about a replacement. Like I said I logged on for a
live chat and waited over 20 minutes through 36 people and when it was my
turn I got cut off. 😞 I am still working so I don't have time to sit on
hold.
Best Answer

My devices are still not synching - since wednesday. Says device not found now.

Best Answer
Unfortunately my watch is still not syncing I am not able to utilize the apps that's on my phone to connect to my watch I'm so disappointed at it I'm wondering if I should have got a different Smartwatch cuz this is a sad situation for me it's not working out

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Hi @KimDeB @BigBrown52, I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit devices are still unable to sync your data. Please let me know what is the model of your Fitbit devices.

@Nameee, thank you for joining us in this thread. I'd like you to try the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help article. This article may contain steps that you already tried but you can skip them and proceed with the rest.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not syncing.............

Best Answer
0 Votes