Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will it sync with an android 4.1.2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. I'm having trouble adding my Alta on my Galaxy Exhibit, Android 4.1.2.  According to the list on Fitbit.com, my phone is compatible but each time I try to add the Alta I get "please update your application to continue" even though the application is updated. Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Community @Gigili. I would like to know if you keep having problems connecting your tracker with your phone? If you do, I recommend following our syncing troubleshoot. Now if the tracker is not paired, you can restart your Alta by doing the following:

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any USB power adapter.

2. Insert the other end of the cable into the port on the back of your Fitbit Alta. Your Alta will begin charging.

3. Press the button on your charging cable three times within eight seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. 

4. Eight seconds after the first button press, you'll see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This means Alta is restarting.

5. After you see the logo you can unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

After the restart process, follow the setup procedure.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes