Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTE ZMax Pro - works fine so far

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My LG G4 died this past weekend and I had to get a new inexpensive phone to use until the warranty replacement comes in (backordered for 29 days!)

I picked up a ZTE ZMax Pro, and figured it wouldn't sync with the fitbit (charge 2) as it wasn't listed.

Well I was surprised that everything seems to work fine.  Syncing, heartrate, text & call notifications.

If you're looking for a relatively inexpensive Android phone ($179 w/ TMobile) and are worried about fitbit compatibility, this works fine for me.  I can't comment yet on other aspects of the phone, but that's not the topic here!  🙂

BTW, the LG G4 wasn't listed last I checked in the fitbit compatible devices, but I never had a problem syncing with it.

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

@chilehead I hope you're doing well! Thanks for confirming this information.It is true that this device doesn't appear under the list of supported devices. Hopefully, Fitbit will add it soon.

I'm sure this will help other users who might own one a ZTE ZMax Pro. 

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with, check this friends thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too had an LG G4 and never had trouble with the Fitbit app syncing. I did have trouble from time to time with my LG Stylo 2 Plus though. I'm thinking of getting the ZMax Pro because it has more ROM than the Stylo 2 Plus, but I'm on the fence because of the compatibility issue.

Are you still having luck with the ZMax Pro?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not currently using the ZMax pro.  I bought it as a temporary/backup phone until I got a replacement G4 sent out.  My son is now using it as his LG G4 also broke about the same time (long story, don't get me started on LG!)

But I had used it for about 3 weeks and it worked reliably during that time with fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@galaga6846 I hope you're doing fine! What concerns me the most is the the device is not under the official list of Fitbit's supported devices. However, it worked fine for @chilehead when he was waiting for his replacement phone to arrive.

Maybe @chilehead can try syncing his tracker on the ZMax Pro just to make sure. All you need to do is download the app on your son's phone (if you haven't done so already) and log in to your account to sync. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
No need to try it again on the zmax. It had worked perfectly with my charge 2 for 3 weeks until I switched phones.

That said, it's possible that I was lucky and didn't have any other apps that might interfere.

The zmax pro is a good phone for the price, so I expect a number of people to get it looking for low cost options, backup phones, etc.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel it's sad that not ALL devices are compatible with mobile devices. You invest ALL this $$ for cell phones & for trackers to find out that the don't mesh (sync). I'm very disappointed by this & us appreciate if this could be rectified in an expeditious manner. I'm not interested in changing my current device or tracker, I want them to work together. I know that they be synced to computers, but it defects some of the features of the device. I'm currently working on a ZTE ZMAX PRO & it would be greatly appreciated to know that this particular model had been added to the list. However what gets me is that every other tracker syncs just not my Alta, strange? I know this because I've scrooled thru all of them for that reason & prior to me getting an Alta I had the Hr charge.  Any suggestions?? Without having to invest in another tracker/device. 

Best Answer

Is Fitbit working on adding ZTE ZPro Max to the compatible list for the charge hr. If so how long will it take. I just got this phone and I am very disappointed that my fit bit doesn't sync to it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll try again with mine this weekend and let you know.  Last time I tried it was working fine, but perhaps an update to the fitbit app broke it?  I haven't used the ZTE in about 4 months, but I should be able to test it out real quick.

If you haven't already tried, try syncing a few more times.  Of course make sure bluetooth is on (I assume you have verified this, but you never know!)

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have been trying to sync it for 2 days I will try this weekend
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did it ever sync to your ZTE blade!

@SunsetRunner wrote:
I have been trying to sync it for 2 days I will try this weekend

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Krismas1999 Welcome to the Fitbit family! I was checking the list of supported devices and that one is not listed there. If you are experiencing trouble setting up your tracker or syncing, that would be the cause of it.

If you don't have a supported devices, you can try syncing or setting it up with a computer, that works fine.

Hope this helps. See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you can I use the Fitbit without a phone just for steps and heart rate

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Krismas1999 Thanks for your reply! You can use it like that but some things, like the time, may be inaccurate because that syncs with your phone.

I'd recommend using a computer instead and sync your tracker once or twice a day with it. That way you can keep track of your data and see your progress!

Let me know how it sounds! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes