Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip not syncing with S9

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My phone is a Samsung S9 on February 14, 2019 there was an update as of 15 minutes ago there are no other updates available, so I do not believe my phone needs an update my Zip was acting up prior to the upate and there is not any improvemntafter the update.  Like many of the others are saying I have to remove the battery and install to get it to update to my phone.  When I keep it out for the 10 seconds as suggested on another post it will sync one more time after the battery is installed but that will be it until I take the battery out an start the process all over again.  At first I thought it was my phone but then I talked with a co-worker who also has a fitbit Zip and is having the same issue, however their phone is not a Samsung, but rather it is an LG and her issues started on February 10, this is telling me that there is an issue with the Zip and not the phones.

I forgot another comment, I have unistalled and reinstalled the fitbit app on m phone four different times and it made no difference, also I have purchased a new battery and that made no difference.  I do not know what else I can do, again I feel this may be a problem with the Zip.  

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Hello @Shesmitty.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Thanks for sharing your experience with the syncing and everything you have tried to get it to work.

I'd like to ask if the situation has continued since your post or if your Zip has been able to sync correctly. 

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no change every couple of days I remove the back and battery to get it to update to my Samsung Galaxy S9.  I am looking for another device as the back of the case is getting to the point that I may not be able to either get it off or possibly may not go back on.  I am using the little plastic tool but it is starting to damage the slot and it takes a little time to get the back off and on without further damage. I am sure this was not intended to be continually coming on and off, only periodically to change the battery.  I really wished you would get a solution. 

Best Answer

Hello @Shesmitty.

Thanks for sharing those details and that you have to regularly remove the back of the Fitbit to get it to sync.

In this case I'd like to ask that you try following all of the steps listed in this help article. While some of the steps that are listed in there you have already tried, I'd recommend that you give them another shot.

Keep me posted or let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had either been provided this document previously or found it on the internet but all of these steps I have completed in the past and there has been no change. 

I just completed an uninstall and reinstall of the software and the application cannot find my fitbit zip. The application is stating my battery is low and has since I have placed two new batteries in the zip however the zip does not display the low battery symbol.  Tonight I will uninstall the battery again and I am sure it will work again. 

Please don't send me the same steps unless you are confident there has been a change and these processes will indeed work.  I will be cooperative if I know this is not a stall tactic because you cannot figure out what the problem is. 

Best Answer

I have exactly the same issue with my S9 and zip. I brought a new zip and still can't sync with my phone.  Every night I remove the battery, uninstall the app, and set them all up again.  This works for one sync only.

My sister is also using a zip, and is encountering syncing issues but she is using an iPhone.

Best Answer

Hello @Shesmitty. Welcome to the Forums @bjdebney.

Thanks for trying the steps I recommended and letting me know that the issue has persisted.

It is very possible that this is related to the Android version being used. If you are using Android 9 in your phone, our team is aware of syncing issues that happen on phones running that version. At this moment we do not have any updates on the matter but as soon as we do we will be letting everyone know about it.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has there been any changes in the status of the Zip not syncing with Android 9 phones?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still not having any success with my Fitbit syncing, so still need to do each day. Really frustrating as miss days, which throws out my figures. 

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same problem. Done everything they advised, will only sync if I remove the battery and put it back in.

Contacted support and was told to either use an iOS device or connect to a PC.

FFS.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @lincmc. Hello @lincmc and @Shesmitty.

Thanks for sharing your experience on the matter. 

As it has been mentioned before, our team is aware of the situation with Android 9 and this being looked into. For the time being we do not have any updates on the matter but we will be sure to let everyone know as soon as we do. 

I understand that it is not the optimal situation but if you have the option, please sync your Fitbits with another device. You can click here to find steps on how to do it.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

FitBit has been aware of the Syncing issues with Android 9 since September of 2018 and repeating the same line ever since then. Seems pretty hopeless to me.

Best Answer

Is there a way to update the firmware on this zip? I am guessing the new android software is not compatible with the embedded code on the zip. The zip is to expensive to be a throwaway device and should be flushable over bluetooth. This oversight should not be passed on to the consumers. For now I sync on my old s7 which is a pita. This needs to be remedied asap.

Best Answer

Cheesit, they've been aware of the problem since September of last year. The Zip is no longer listed on their site and the Zip section of forums have a note saying that the Zip it's no longer being actively monitored. I kinda doubt we'll see an update any time soon. 😞

Best Answer

No, there is not change. The Zip will only sync if the battery is removed and then replaced. What a pain.

Best Answer

No Change here either. Same **ahem** thing. Battery removal to sync.

Best Answer

Problem still not fixed, but at least I am being bombarded with new products to buy off  them. Why would I buy something new if you can't look after what I already have?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So you've updated your app and it still doesn't work. Think maybe you need an IT team that has a clue. This is **ahem**house

Best Answer