Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

app under maintenance

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My app on the phone has been telling me for a day now it is under maintenance. Anyone else getting this? I need my app!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Towable_Pompano@Lilbiddy, and @Itsameee. Welcome to the Forums @Crazymf.

Thanks for sharing all of that information on the matter.

@Towable_Pompano What phone is it that you are using at the time?

@Lilbiddy Thanks for your feedback. I definitely see how that could be the situation.

@Itsameee What phone is it that you are using too? Are you also getting the under maintenance message?

@Crazymf  Thanks for bringing this up. Do you have any other device or a computer where you could run the setup once again?

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
26 REPLIES 26

How frustrating, @Coley8! Glad you found us here in the forums. Please try this:

• Close the Fitbit app all together to get rid of the “maintenance” message. 
  • Power your phone off completely.
  • Wait 20 seconds then power your phone back up.
  • Open the Fitbit app

Let us know if this fixes the problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope, didn't work 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for trying my idea, @Coley8. I’ve asked a moderator to step in. As far as I know, the Android Fitbit app is not down. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @SunsetRunner! I need some help 🙂

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Coley8. Thanks for being around to help @SunsetRunner.

Let's try to determine how to get it to load.

@Coley8 In this case I'd like to recommend that you try to turn off the WiFi, or the Mobile Data, whatever one  you are using and try the other. That should get it to load once again.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

@LanuzaFitbit, that did work. I am able to now use it on WI-FI but not off. I am rarely on WI-FI... why can it not work without it all of the sudden?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My app has been saying it's down for maintenance since Saturday

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Coley8. Welcome to the Forums @AngelaCal36.

Thanks for trying that @Coley8.

@Coley8 It is possible that it could be related to the service provider. I've seen other instances where this happens again.

@AngelaCal36 Did you get a chance to try what I suggested above? That should do the trick.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It wouldn't let me pull it up
Best Answer
0 Votes
Once I went on WI-FI,  I was able to get  on.Thanks

Powered by Cricket Wireless
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Coley8  and @AngelaCal36 .

Thanks letting me know that it worked for you @Coley8.

@AngelaCal36  Are you getting some error message? If so, what does it say? What error code does it show?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had to deal with customer service for the last 48 hours with Fitbit, it's shocking that the entire staffing department of FITBIT has such poor communication with one another, the considerable cost that people spend on these items and having to find out there is an System APP issue, it has nothing to do with anyones phone or gadgets, it is literally a pairing issue with the FITBIT APP. 

Best Answer

It just says fitbit.com down for maintenance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There's been a pairing issue for since Jan 20. 2019. 

My fit bit app doesn't display any error message- I'm quite upset because Iv'e lost a months worth of training data I'm doing for a Triathlon.

I'm even more upset because Fitbit customer service told me to pay for shipping to have sent for evaluation, they themselves couldn't tell me that there is an APP issue, I discovered that it was an app issue WHEN I tried to pair my Surge to my phone and kept getting the same issue. 

Not really impressed with Fitbit, I know many Triathlon users who despise fitbit not just for these issues but also for the durability of the watches. 

Going to go with Garmin Next time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm sorry this happened to you!!Once I was on WI-FI, it paired up and let me add data. THe problem is uless I'm at home, which is hardly ever, I'm not on WI-FI. I've never had this problem before.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Coley8  and @Towable_Pompano.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the matter.

In this case I'd like to recommend that you all try to sync and connect to the Fitbit app only through WiFi as it seems like the mobile data on some phones and from some providers are causing issues with the connection.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Would love to if I never rebooted my ionic to factory settings. Thanks for the non helpful advice. Nearly 400 dollar waste of money.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Towable_Pompano.

Thanks for letting me know.

Even if you have reset the Fitbit to factory settings, any information that was already synced to your account should remain and pairing it should let you use it once again. 

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help you  with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesnt work. The ionic on factory setting doesnt allow you to move forward unless you can sync it to your phone for the initial start up .. I've done everything under the sun to have it pair to my phone 

Best Answer
0 Votes