Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit.com down for maintenance?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the same problem with ‘Fitbit is down for maintenance’. I’ve tried all the solutions on here - clearer the cache, reset the Fitbit, updated the app, deleted and reinstalled the app, turned Bluetooth on and off, restarted the phone - all to no avail. It only seems to work (sometimes) when I have the WiFi on but I don’t have enough data for that to be on all the time . Getting rally fed up with this now 😠

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SeeEmEsSee Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I moved your post to the Android App Board as there are more chances for you to receive an answer to your inquiry here.

Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing while trying to sync your tracker.  Also, thanks for trying those steps to sort this out.

Whenever this happens, do you have Wi-Fi off? 

It is needed for your mobile device to have Wi-Fi anf Bluetooth on in order to sync. Please make sure you have both enabled whenever you want your tracker to sync.

Perhaps you could perform a sync only when you are within a Wi-Fi network range instead of using your mobile data. I'd recommend syncing your tracker at least twice a day. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
30 REPLIES 30

@SeeEmEsSee Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I moved your post to the Android App Board as there are more chances for you to receive an answer to your inquiry here.

Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing while trying to sync your tracker.  Also, thanks for trying those steps to sort this out.

Whenever this happens, do you have Wi-Fi off? 

It is needed for your mobile device to have Wi-Fi anf Bluetooth on in order to sync. Please make sure you have both enabled whenever you want your tracker to sync.

Perhaps you could perform a sync only when you are within a Wi-Fi network range instead of using your mobile data. I'd recommend syncing your tracker at least twice a day. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue, about every 2 days.  Did all they suggest I am on a wifi network with Bluetooth and location/gps turned on.   

Best Answer

When I try to log in my fitbit app says fitbit.com is down for maintenance and if I try to join fitbit it says I need a network connection. I have tried the fixes. Please help

Best Answer

I am also having trouble with my device not connecting and when I do try and re connect my device it says fitbit.com is down for maintenance. Is the site down for maintenance? Can this error be fixed? 

Best Answer

I'm getting the same messages.  

Best Answer

Me too but if I go to Fitbit.com I can log in

Best Answer

I'm also unable to log into the Fitbit App..says Fitbit.com server is down try again later or no network connection. Using Pixel 3a, just updated to Android 10 to see if that would fix it. It didn't. Fitbit App version is now 3.5. 

Best Answer

But.... I can't log calories 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently as of 09/06 11pm eastern, Fitbit apps are down, both Android and IOS, because at least six of us are reporting the same thing. Even though this website, obviously, is up.

Best Answer

Go to app info.

Force stop.

And restart the app.

These steps worked for me. 

Best Answer

Mine hasn't synced since last night,  same error message

Best Answer
I had to remove mine and reload.  Seems to be working.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

My app started working again on my Samsung Galaxy tablet at 5AM Sat 9/07.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine still isn't working, I have uninstalled, reinstalled, etc.
Best Answer

Hi , I have problam to work with my fitbit (charge 2) i downloaded fitbit app and on Bluetooth and on wi fi ..but if want findy device said fitbit.com id down under maintenance..i can't synce on it because said like that please help me to solve this problem.  

Best Answer

This did not work for me. I have literally tried everything😫

Best Answer

Yes! Followed your instructions: I went into my phone settings, then apps, selected Fitbit, clicked on Force stop, and relaunched the Fitbit app, and it synced! 

Best Answer

I had an issue where I couldn't sync today and at multiple points got the message that fitbit.com down for maintenance. I have Charge 2. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app (getting a new version I wasn't expecting), but that didn't help. I restarted the fitbit watch itself and that seemed to do the trick. My app got everything I'd done today from the watch within a few seconds of triggering a sync. Here's how to restart https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitness app has been saying fitbit.com is down for maintenance for the last week.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times as well as turning my phone  on and off and my fitbit on and off.  I'm using wifi and the blue tooth is connected, are there other suggested solutions.

Best Answer
0 Votes