Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit.com down for maintenance?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the same problem with ‘Fitbit is down for maintenance’. I’ve tried all the solutions on here - clearer the cache, reset the Fitbit, updated the app, deleted and reinstalled the app, turned Bluetooth on and off, restarted the phone - all to no avail. It only seems to work (sometimes) when I have the WiFi on but I don’t have enough data for that to be on all the time . Getting rally fed up with this now 😠

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

I also did all of this and have strong WiFi and it still does not work!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also cannot sign back in to the Harmon app account!!!!!! 😡😡😡😡  

Update:

I’ve tried everything you said and now I can’t even log back in to my account!!!!

Garmin app ... not Harmon

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LindaRasmussen 

I am sorry you have so much trouble with the Fitbit and Garmin apps.

Concerning the Garmin app and site, these two problems are not related to each other, Garmin servers are down worldwide. As I understand this might possibly take a few days. You may find some consolation on Twitter, #Garmindown 🤔

(Broken Fitbits One, Charge 2 and 3). Using Charge 4 and Garmin fēnix 6. App vs 4.14 Samsung Galaxy A52. Android 14
Best Answer
0 Votes

Since May my fitbit won't sync. Get Fitbit.com down for maintenance. Only shows my steps and heart rate. Charge 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine come up with it like the same but I want to get premium Fitbit

Best Answer

I had the same problem since yesterday. I use android 10 and Oxygen OS 10.0.1 and it was working without any issues and then I started getting fitbit.com down message.

I noticed that my mobile date is changed to future date by myself to play candy crush, which caused the problem. After changing the date back to current date, it started working again smoothly.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, so frustrating!  What worked for me was, it had been a while since I had logged onto the app so I can change my password. Then I logged onto the app into advanced settings and follow their directions on Google. What I was trying to do was update the date and time my battery had died and had been dead for several weeks. This process fixed my problem and I hope it fixes refers too. Have a great day!

Best Answer

There definitely appeared to be something wrong with their identity management service. Providing the wrong password will return an incorrect password message. The correct password will give the down for maintenance message. Resetting the password worked for us. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reset  password  worked for me also. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this issue this morning after my Inspire2 stopped syncing a few days ago, or synced on and off.  I tried two different phones, deleted and reinstalled the app a few times but on each phone, the same message; fitbit.com down for maintenance when I tried to relink my device, even though Fitbit.com was up and running well.  The only thing I could think of was to use a VPN to hide my location (which is actually Indonesia), but moved it to the UK.  The app then worked perfectly and I was immediately able to re-link my device.  I used Tunnelbear for anyone needing to do the same trick.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wifi on.  I an next to it.  Still nothing.🤨🥺

Best Answer
0 Votes