Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit down for maintenance

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Fitbit down for maintenance for over 2 hours anyone else having this problem
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Modacious@Briana83@se0505@Gaary@awinders@JenPF@jalonzo@racertempo@aswiftakita@cassieweav@Sarahf109@Odyssey13This problem should be resolved now and you all should be able to sync and log via the the online Dashboard or your Android devices again!

Thank you to everyone for reporting this and a special shoutout to @Odyssey13for helping everyone out! You rock!

Catch you all later!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

Been having the same problem. Tried every solution that's been suggested, with no luck.

Best Answer

I've been trying to sync for an hour and can't get it to do anything.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Finally able to sync about 5 minutes ago
Best Answer
0 Votes
Spoke to soon down again!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been trying to sync for the last two hours and keep getting the notice that Fitbit.com is down for maintenance.  I beginning to think they are experiencing either a software or hardware failure of significant size. In the past when I've the "down for maintenance" notice is was only for a short duration, this "down for maintenance" outage has been going on for several hours.  It would be nice if somewhere on the fitbit site they would report a system status.

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes, same for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the past 2 hours when I go to sync my Charge HR with the Fitbit app on my Samsung Galaxy s3 it has been telling me that fitbit.com is down for maintenance and that my historical data is not available. It had been acting fine up until the point I went running after work and the Fitbit App crashed as soon as I started logging my run. I'm not really sure what's wrong and any suggestions would be appreciated. Please let me know if I didn't supply enough info.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Http://status.fitbit.com is reporting there is an issue with some API connections being rejected. The problem is under investigation.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue too. I received a replacement charge in the mail today after the side peeled up on the old one...prompting it to begin malfunctioning. Tried to set up up the new one with no luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Modacious  @Briana83   @JenPF  @awinders  @Gaary  @se0505

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Just got on the forums this evening and saw this thread. I have the same thing with my Android Lollipop and Samsung Galaxy 4. Tried all the usual, turning off bluetooth, restarting the phone and it's still showing down for maintenance.

Using my dongle, I was able to sync via the computer. Once I did that, my Android app noticed the difference in steps.

So, for now, I'm just being patient until things get sorted out. On a good note, the Challenges I'm in seem to be working.

Dont worry. We know support will be taking care of this for us. They are fantastic.

Happy stepping. Your device holds seven days of steps, so keep stepping!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I get this once and while but it usally corrects itself.  Now I am on 3 hours with this message.  I have uninstalled, reset the phone, reinstalled, cleared the cache, reset the tracker, and still nothing.....any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
The app keeps saying that Fitbit.com is down for maintenance but I can get online to my stuff just fine. Why won't it sync and how do I fix it?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@racertempo  I moved your post over here with the rest of us. Please read what I posted above.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @aswiftakita

I moved your post over here with ours. Please read what I posted.

Customer support will take care of us.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have had the same issue. Says down for maintainence. I just ran 3 miles so I hope that those 300 or so calories I just burned won't be lost! I hope they get this fixed soon! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing this though
Best Answer
0 Votes

Working again!

Best Answer
0 Votes
On their website it says this issue was resolved, but I still can't sync to the android app.
Best Answer
0 Votes
So far it synced as of 10 min ago. Hoping it stays fixed
Best Answer
0 Votes

Uninstall and reinstall the app, then sign in again and it should work.

Best Answer
0 Votes