Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit / text or call notification

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I've been told my fitbit will vibrate if I receive a text or a call on my phone. How do I turn thus option on ?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It doesn't work for everyone.

First of all you need to have a Charge, Charge HR or Surge to get notifications. The Surge supports call and text notifications but the Charge and Charge HR only support call notifications.

Also, your phone needs to be supported by fitbit.

You can check your phone's compatibility here: www.fitbit.com/devices

Then, one of these articles should help you get started:

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-call-notifications-work-on-my-Charge-or-Ch...

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-use-call-and-text-notifications-with-my-...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
71 REPLIES 71

It doesn't work for everyone.

First of all you need to have a Charge, Charge HR or Surge to get notifications. The Surge supports call and text notifications but the Charge and Charge HR only support call notifications.

Also, your phone needs to be supported by fitbit.

You can check your phone's compatibility here: www.fitbit.com/devices

Then, one of these articles should help you get started:

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-call-notifications-work-on-my-Charge-or-Ch...

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-use-call-and-text-notifications-with-my-...

Best Answer

So I just got the alta and notifications is a "NO"?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I believe you can get notifications on the alta. You have to enable them in the app. If I'm not mistaken, the alta was released after the original thread.
Best Answer
0 Votes
You're right thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesn't work for me.. 

I have a WINDOWS PHONE!!

So.. Anyone who has a windows phone is screwed.

-pls fix this Fitibit people

Steve

Best Answer

@SteveJobs, great to see you here! WOW - the co-founder of Apple using a Windows phone!

Pardon the attempt at humor, I just couldn't resist with a name like Steve Jobs....  Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

The text and call notifications worked for a few days but no longer works. How do I cut it back on?

Best Answer

Same here. Haven't been able to resolve yet. 

Best Answer
I looked through the fitbit app.
Account
Help Articles
And I found out how to reset my Charge 2 device. It listed all the devices and how to recharge them.
Hope this helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a fitbit blaze and I'm not receiving notifications for text. Not had a phone call yet. Does fitbit support WhatsApp ? I've tried using the normal messaging app but still no notification. Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

In Account
Go to Help Articles and do a search for Notifications.
My tracker isn't receiving notifications from my iOS mobile device....see that question and chose your specific device.

Thank you,

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung and LG windows phone, one with Flex 2 fitbit (which sends me vibrating notifications for text and phone call) and a Charge HR (which sends notifications for phone calls). Unfortunately, I don't remember how I set them up. But, I know there's a way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not get text or phone call notification

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have new names around! Welcome @Cella@Nataleebiggs@amybpreston@Jojo40 and @mamaberri!

@Cella@mamaberri it's great to read that the notifications are working properly for you both. 

@Jojo40, some Third-Party apps are definitely capable of working.

@Jojo40 and @Nataleebiggs I'd like to further investigate on your situation. What mobile device do you want to get notifications from?

Look forward to your reply so that I can find the best way to help you get the notifications.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just received my Fitbit Alta and I am trying to find a way to set up notifications for messages and phone calls and so forth.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I need help getting notifications for text messages and incoming calls and so forth please.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Wenpendy there's a guide to setting up notifications here:

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1979/

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can u text or call cause I went on your website and it said on the app press on the dashboard and press it again bit didn't do anything

Best Answer

Hello @Ainsleyrocks, welcome to the Fitbit Forums.

I don't really understand what is it that you mean. Are you asking if you can make calls from the tracker itself? If that was your question then the answer would be no. If that is not your question, could you please rephrase it or go a bit more in-depth? 

Look forward to helping you in any way I can.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes