Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit / text or call notification

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I've been told my fitbit will vibrate if I receive a text or a call on my phone. How do I turn thus option on ?
Best Answer
0 Votes
71 REPLIES 71
ihave a lg tablet how do i get it so i can text or call from my fitbit i
can see what people texted or called me but i cant text or call from my
fitbit alta
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ainsleyrocks I'm afraid you can't. You can use your fitbit to get notifications from your tablet but that's all.

Best Answer

Hi @Ainsleyrocks.

Like @SteveH mentioned, you cannot respond to notifications from your Fitbit, you can only get them. Having said that, I could absolutely see how it could be useful. Perhaps you could write about it on our Feature Suggestions board. Other users could then vote and comment on your idea to show their support.

Hope to see you around the Forums! 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Honor 5 phone, Android 6.0 and Fitbit Alta HR. So can I get text notifications? Because when I try to follow instructions, I do not see an option for notifications on my Fitbit app settings.Only the push notifications. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @GHD.

Thanks for reaching back. In this case the issue would be that the Honor 5 is not currently a supported mobile device and thus we're not able to guarantee that the functionality will be at 100%. You can click here to check what devices are the supported ones.

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the answer; it's not what I wanted to hear, but at least I can stop searching for a way to connect them.

Best Answer

I have a new Fitbit Charge 2. Can't get text to vibrate or even display to alert me that I have a text. The only way I can see if I have a text is to press the button to check. That's no use to me, I might as well just check my phone. 

Move searched suggestions and think I've tried them all. Yes Notifications are on for my Fitbit. I've reset and deleted the app from my iPhone 7. I've reset the Fitbit multiple times. Turned Bluetooth on and off. Selected all in notifications. I've read there could be an issue with the actual Fitbit and many have had to return them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @GHD. Welcome to the Forums @JayJays.

@GHD I understand, I'm sorry to be the bearer of inconvenient news.

@JayJays, That must be frustrating. Please keep in mind that this is the Android app board. Your question is better suited for the iOS app board, you will get a better response in there. Having said that, as a basic troubleshooting steps I'd recommend that you go into the Bluetooth settings of your iPhone and then delete your Charge 2 from the paired devices list. After that, set the notifications up once again. 

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or need any assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

To piggyback off this OP and thread in general, I recently switched from the Flex 2 down to the original Flex. (I use a wheelchair and read several places that said the original Flex reads wheelchair movements best.) My question is, can the Flex “1” receive vibrating notifications for calls and texts like the Flex 2?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see pretty much all the other Honor phone versions are supported. Is this something I should ask Huawei if they can add to it or would it be something Fitbit could?  I'm sure when I need another phone I will make sure it is compatible; but I've only had this a year and it is suiting my needs (until I found out that the Alta HR had the potential to receive text/call notifications!)  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @JustinSkinner. Hello @GHD.

@JustinSkinner The Fitbit Flex does not have the capability to receive notifications in the way the Flex 2 does, no.

@GHD Unfortunately there isn't much information we can provide for the time being. Please do know that we're always looking for ways to improve the overall Fitbit experience.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!

Virus-free.
www.avast.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've read multiple forum posts and help topics but still can't seem to get it to work. Every time it gives an error of incorrect PIN.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @tanujlakhina.

From what you're saying I assume you're trying to run the setup and getting an incorrect PIN, right?

Thanks for going through the Forums and the help topics. Having said that, I'd like to confirm that you have tried all of the steps on this help article. Be sure to try all of them in the order shown on the article as that is important for the steps to work.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the past two weeks, I was surprised by a buzzing and found it was a text notification!  But on my phone Fitbit app, I occasionally have a message that I need to reboot my phone to get the notifications.   It's sporadic in getting a Fitbit text notification as well as when I am getting messages  on my phone telling me Fitbit needs me to reboot my phone to get them.  But at least it's a start! Phone is Honor 5.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @GHD!

Thanks for sharing that with us. 

This might be happening because the Honor 5 is not currently a supported device.

The developer team is aware of the need to add new devices to the list of compatible devices. There are some users who get notifications with non-compatible devices. If your phone meets the requirement of Minimum Supported OS (Android 4.4 KitKat), you can try the tips on the following help article: Notifications troubleshooting.

Note that if the tracker gets the notifications a couple of times, we don't guarantee that the functionality will be optimal because it is not a supported one.

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Best Answer

I have a Fitbit Charge HR and an iPhone. I have read all the help articles and have done all the necessary steps to receive a buzz when someone calls my iPhone but it still doesn't work.  When someone says to hold down the button in the clock all it does it start a stopwatch it doesn't toggle notifications on and off. This is my third charge HR the others stopped working and were replaced. the notifications of a phone call used to work but don't anymore. Any advice and thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning,

Push the button on the side until it toggles over to Notification, not Clock. It should show Notification (on/off) in the window. Then hold it down until it says NOTIFICATION ON.

Hope that helps.

Thank you

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @bsquare14! Hello @Cella.

Thanks for coming in to help @Cella

@bsquare14, Thanks for going through the all of those steps! Please do keep in mind that the press the button process is for the Charge 2 and not the Charge HR.

I have a couple of questions about this situation:

• Do you have any other device connected to your iPhone?
  • What iPhone are you using?
  • Have you synced your Fitbit with any other devices?

Look forward to your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I  know Alta hr receives notifications 

Best Answer
0 Votes