Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit / text or call notification

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I've been told my fitbit will vibrate if I receive a text or a call on my phone. How do I turn thus option on ?
Best Answer
0 Votes
71 REPLIES 71

Welcome to the Forums @AHyatt1182.

The Alta HR indeed can receive notifications. Are you experiencing any issues with yours? If so, please let me know what is going on so that I can help you! Be sure to follow these steps if you are having issues with notifications.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
Thanks! Since the replacement, I am getting them more regularly.But a
couple times a day my phone will tell me it needs to restart to get Fitbit
notifications. Not sure why, but at least I know I can get them. Before, I
had contacted Huwei, who makes my Honor phone, and they said they didn't
have that ability. Evidently they do now!
Best Answer

Hello @GHD.

Thanks for the clarification!

It could be that the Honor phone that you have is not currently on the supported devices list. This would explain why the notifications are not consistent, because the app has not been fully optimized for that device. 

If needed, you can try the steps I mentioned above. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any chance the fitbit overided personalized ringtones?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @TMoney1, welcome to the Forums.

It shouldn't be possible to for the Fitbit to override those settings, no. Having said that you could go into the notifications settings and check on the permissions to make sure that they are set up so that it works correctly.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank You so much for the reply!! 🙂 where are permissions at?

Appreciatively,

Moderator edit: Removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @TMoney1.

You can find the permissions under Sound and notification in your phone's settings. There be sure that the specific apps you want to get notifications from are turned on. Keep in mind that to get the notifications on your Fitbit you have to also be able to get them on the phone.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 was receiving text, email and phone from my Pixel 3. Now is no longer receiving. Notification is turned in with my Fitbit Charger 3, but not getting them any longer. Help!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Magnoliastream.

I apologize for the delay in my response. 

In this case I'd recommend that you try to follow the steps listed in this help article. That should definitely help in getting it all to work once again. 

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an inspire HR and think I should be able to get texts.  Using an LG K4 phone (android).  I updated the software on fitbit and through Playstore.  I can't find an option to turn on notifications for text messages anywhere.  Suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @TracyD1.

Let me help you get the notifications set up. 

You can click here to find the instructions on how to get the notifications set up and working with your Inspire HR. Be sure to go through all of the steps in the order that they are posted in the help article.

I hope you find this useful! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Flex2 is driving me crazy because I can't make it STOP vibrating when phone rings. It scares me to death, and I always have the phone volume up loud anyway, so I find it confusing that the fitbit is vibrating my arm off. 

PM

Best Answer
0 Votes