Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung galaxy j5 2016 compatability

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

just wondering my phone which is new this year and upto date running on android 6.0 is not compatable with my charge 2, will it ever be?

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi, @swamp499, Fitbit adds new phones to the list all the time.

Once added to the list, they have been fully tested by Fitbit.  However, sometimes phones not on the list do work; have you tried yours?

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
Yes ive synced the phone for the different apps aut ive got nothing for
calls text and callender
Best Answer

@swamp499 It's nice to have you on board! Remember that your phone isn't listed as a compatible device so I can't guarantee that it will work at all or with all the features. Still I would like to know what do you mean with " ive synced the phone for the different apps". Have you allowed your phone permission to access the phone's contacts and messages (check the app settings under Settings > apps > Fitbit > Permissions) also allow your phone to show your messages and calls in the lock screen under the privacy settings as your tracker will work with this setting.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a Fitbit charge 2 today. So excited, but disappointed that despite setting everything up as instructed, I don't recently ve text and call notifications ..... there is a device compatibility listed as Samsung J. Does this include the J5 (2016). I bought it from argos and wondering if I can take it back!  Please give me some hope as I like what it dies fir everything else!

Thank you.

Best Answer

@Deslys4444 Thanks for stopping by! The Samsung J5 isn't the same as the Samsung J phone so I can't guarantee that you will be able to use all the features with your phone. Still you can try having the Location Services (GPS) on and allow the app permissions to access your phone data for notifications (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) also check the privacy settings so it can display notifications on the screen while locked as the app will use these settings for the tracker too.

Let me know how it goes!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It works perfectly well now. I deleted the app and re-uploaded.  I notice that  you can also set the fit bit to switch notifications on and off! My fitbit is constantly buzzing on my wrist so I font miss texts or calls any more. I love it.

Best Answer

@Deslys4444 Happy to hear that your tracker is working fine with your phone and thank you for letting us all know what you did to correct the issue.

I'll be around!

Best Answer
0 Votes