Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A tip that made our Aria Air start working again(, for a bit...)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There are so many threads here about this scale and the problem we all seem to have in-common, that rather than comment this to each one, I'm starting it as its own thread. 
The common problems seem to be the "worked once", or the "can't invite others".

I may have stumbled on a [partial] fix, and wanted to share, in case it helps anyone else with those problems.

We had changed our account profile's "email address" to a different one than the one we originally signed up using.

Invites to use the scale never worked ("something went wrong") and the scale seemed to forget each of us after one weighing.

After changing our profile's email addresses back to the originals, things started working better. I was able to invite my spouse to the scale, and it has logged my weight a few times now, without my having to force close the phone app.
My hypothesis is that different parts of the Fitbit 'system' (all those servers with apps developed over time) key on settings-email, while others key on the original email (using it as a sort of Account ID which would not be a good software practice, since it's supposed to be changeable).
I discovered this when, after being unable to invite my spouse using the settings-email address, I tried inviting her using her original email - not the one she had her account set to use - and the invite was sent instead of me seeing the toast alert that "something went wrong".

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I´ve been i contact with support so many times regarding this scale and sync issues. I tried to create a "feature request" for the development team to acknowledge this as a serious problem. Feature requests are posted here and is not part of the forum threads. What the administrator did was simply to cancel my feature request and create a new post among all the other similar ones.

It seems to me that this scale has serious issues and sometimes works and sometime not. It mostly works for iPhone users but It happens to them as well (I have both Android and iPhone and have tested with mixed results on both). If it´s the scale, bluetooth, android or iphones is hard to tell. The only thing we as users gets are standard answers like "try reset your scale, read this article bla bla bla).

For me and my wife it´s always to "force quit app" that is the solution.

The standard answers that the support replies with are 

• "It seems your scale is not connected properly to your account" - Do the OTA and CLR-thing - page 12 in the manual
  • "It seems your scale is not connected properly to your account" - Try this guide for setting up your scale (link)
  • "Your account shows that there is no currently paired scale for your Fitbit account, please try set up your scale (another link)

The most frequent reply is the last bullet above. I have asked several times if they actually CAN see this somewhere on my account or if this is just a standard answer. I actually can see the scale on my profile page (desktop) next to my Sense 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the additional info.

For us also, a reliable workaround is to force-quit the app before using the scale.

This suggests, to me, that the app is where the problem lies. But, someday when I'm really bored I'll try all the other things they suggest, but I've already done most of them back when we first got the scale, and it came back to needing to kill the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got answer from Fitbit 

2023 Jan, 7th

Thanks. We verified that this is a known issue, and we're currently working to resolve this issue and hope to have a fix soon. In the meantime, we recommend keeping your Fitbit device and app up-to-date. Thanks for your patience while we work to get you back on track, and let us know if you have any other questions.

-------

Does anyone know for how long time people been having this issue? Is it a year? Months?

Best Answer
0 Votes