Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARIA 2 Weighs only as Guest. HOW DO I REASSIGN?

I've tried EVERYTHING AND IT'S VERY FRUSTRATING. What should have been a 5minunte process has turned into an hour of frustration and i'm STILL GETTING NO WHERE.

You used to be able to assign guest weights quickly and easily. Now, you can't.

Online says Account>Devices>Aria 2>Assign icon to weight. Well, when you go to Devices>Aria 2, you're met with:

Kobashi_0-1709220781667.png

No weights to try to assign.

When you go to your dashboard, go to the weight section and click "see more" you're met with weights that have been logged, but that doesn't mean they're WEIGH-INS. I've manually logged my weight once in hopes that the scale would realise there's a manual weigh in at the same weight I now weigh and would give me the option to assign new weigh ins around that weight to myself AT the scale, but it doesn't. It still keeps saying "GUEST".

When using the app, you can go to Devices>Aria 2 and there is a "recent weigh-ins tab" (because why not make the app completely different from the website, right?...) but there is nothing there. No weigh ins at all. And from my memory of trying to fix this in the past, it's always been blank.

I've given myself a new icon, i've reconnected it to my WIFI, it syncs but no new weigh ins. 

WHY IS THIS SO HARD.

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

I read in some threads that people try to fix this by weighing themselves with socks on and then choose the "person"-icon during that process and after that is works. 

That does not help me though . I really want to "catch" those low score weigh-ins I did that were registered as guest... 

Best Answer

It seems to have finally registered my manual weight logging as being me after 24 hours. It now shows my icon and registers it. It's frustrating there's no documentation on this so people probably just give up and never find out it eventually worked.

Best Answer

I have been having the same problem. My husband uses the scale and it was following me until December. Then suddenly my weights are not logged and his are. I have gained weight. He has not. I want my weights that I logged. It’s very annoying that this product can’t figure it out. I guess I’ll wait until tomorrow to see if it takes my weight as my weight and not guest weight. 

Best Answer

Kobashi - I was only recognized as a GUEST on my scale, so first I removed my current weight from the app, and then increased it to a new weight a couple of pounds more. Then I changed my icon. I weighed myself 5 times in a row with socks on. The weights were successfully recorded under Recent Weigh-Ins with my new icon. Success so far! Then I removed my socks and weighed myself again 5 times. The first time without socks I got the question mark inside the head with my icon to the right and I had to tap the scale with my toe to indicate it was me. The second time without socks, the scale recognized it was me. These weights were successfully found under Recent Weigh-Ins. This fix worked for me, at least for the time being.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why have they removed the measurements tab from the Aria settings page? Like you said, the guides point you there.

The Fitbit app only shows MY measurements, not GUEST, so I can't reassign.

Frustrating.

Best Answer

Same issue - only registers GUEST.  I have Fitbit Premium and it shows where I have logged in - like on my computer and using the app.  However, it does not show the Aria.  I also can't go to "devices" on the Fitbit Premium app.  Do I need to have both Fitbit and Fitbit Premium?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been a known issue for years, with no fix from Fitbit.  You used to be able to easily reassign "Guest" weights to the correct user, but Fitbit removed this very useful feature.  I finally tired of having to go through resetting each time the to fix the issue.  Just bought a Withings Body Comp scale and am done with Fitbit products,

Best Answer

Same issue here with the original Aria. I recently gave birth so my weight changed drastically within a week and the scale no longer recognized me. It used to be that if i manually logged my weight, the next day the weight would be "close enough" to then correctly recognize me, but it has now been 3 weeks and about 10 weigh ins and I'm still "guest" and manually logging weight. Cannot find anywhere on app or website dashboard to reassign the guest weighins.

Why on earth would Google/Fitbit remove the reassignment feature that worked so well????

Best Answer
You can contact tech support through twitter. (I refuse to call it X)
Best Answer
0 Votes

First, in the app change your starting weight, your goal weight, and your starting date. Second, weigh yourself 5 times with socks on, and when/if the head with question mark icon appears, wait for your user icon to appear and tap the right side of the scale to indicate that is you. Third, weigh yourself 5 times without socks and tap the right side of the scale again when your user icon appears. Hopefully this will work for you and the weights will appear under recent weigh-ins. Evidently, it's not possible to get guest weights anymore and reassign them. That feature has been broken for over a year.

Best Answer

Hopefully Fitbit decides to put back the feature to reassign falsely categorised guest weights to the right person.

Best Answer
0 Votes