Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 1 not syncing with Web or App (Android).

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been through the posts and I see this is persistent problem but so far I can not see if anyone has solved it.

I got mine yesterday second hand. I spent 2 hours setting it up and it is connected to my WiFi and my Fitbit account. And that is the only time i have managed to get it to sync.

I have stepped on and off many times. I had the BM? error which has now sorted itself. When I step off I also get what looks like a Sync logo above a WiFi logo with an "x" above it, but I don't know what that means or how to interact with it.

It's been 3 hours since set up and no syncing. I have looked in the app and the website and there is no sync option. 

I can see my user profile against the scales but I can not click on the profile for more options.

I am using Chrome to access the website and Android to connect via my phone. 

I also use a Fitbit Ionic which syncs fine with the App and the website. So I do not believe it is an app issue or a web browser issue.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Networking Requirements
The Fitbit Aria connects directly to your home’s wireless network and supports the
following network configurations:

 Wireless 802.11b standard
 WEP / WPA / WPA2 personal security
 Automatic (DHCP) IP setup (static IP configuration not supported)

Aria requires an 802.11b-compatible network to connect and sync your scale data to
your Fitbit dashboard.

Does your network meet those requirements?

That "X" means it is not syncing to your wifi. When it does you will see a green check mark.

It is neither an app nor a browser issue and there is no sync option in either. The scale syncs directly to your network which then sends the info to the servers. It doesn't go directly to the app.

Have you tried taking the batteries out for 15 minutes?

You got it second hand. Is it possible you received it broken or it died in transit?

Best Answer

@Tin-Tin-1972 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to help you with the syncing issue you've experienced with your Aria scale. Before proceeding accordingly, please let me know if the issue persists or if it got resolved after following the troubleshooting steps that shared my friend @SunsetRunner.

In addition, I would like to know what is the make and model of your router.

Looking forward to your response! 😀 

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes