Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria displays a Step Off, Sensing, Error

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I changed batteries, contact points are clean still the same problem step off,sensing,error.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Hi @strart63 and welcome aboard!  I couldn't find the exact error code in the help section, but I did find a "List Of Known Error Messages" that may be of assistance to you and others.  Do any of those codes sound like anything you may be experiencing?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
Thanks for your reply, but no message can help me.
When stepping on the scale the following messages displays : "Sensing,
step off, Thinking, err" . And than the scale falls out.
I changed batteries, Tried 5 times, controlled the connections. Until now
no result.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This may sound weird, but is the scale near your router, @strart63?  How is it stored?  It just sounds like it's in some sort of calibration process.  Storing the scale vertically will cause the scale to need to be recalibrated.

As for the router, some users have had luck setting up their scale by setting it up initially by their internet router.  It creates a stronger signal between the WiFi and the scale.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

When I have changed the batteries, the scale showed me the correct wifi. It's always has been on the flat floor. So no vertical storage. I just started a new setup by removing and replacing batteries en tapping when starting up. The problem remains. All my other devices like laptop, phones, sonos do not have problems with the signal. 

Best Answer

@strart63 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! Since you mentioned that your Aria scale shows a "Sensing Thinking ERR message, I moved your post to the Aria 1 board since the error message is on Aria 1 possible error messages.

Also, since it seems that you have tried all the troubleshooting steps, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team and they'll be happy to assist you with this issue. You should receive an email from them soon.

@DramaQueenDiva Thank you so much for your help! Smiley Happy

See you guys later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

I got the same error, started yesterday.  Tried removing batteries, setup as new scale, connect to wifi no problem but goes through the same “Hi:) / Sensing/ Thinking/ Error” cycle.

Help!  Warranty coverage???

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EmetYahu Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! Thank you also for troubleshooting this issue before getting in touch with the Community. I would like you to let me know if your scale is placed on an even or flat surface and you are stepping on it barefoot.

Finally, weigh yourself 5 time in a row in order to re-calibrate your scale and let me know if the error message disappears.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same spot it’s always been in my bathroom.

Tried weighing myself 22 times.

It’s broken, hardware or software, but broken.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@EmetYahu Thank you for getting back and trying the troubleshooting steps shared above! Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can follow up and provide a solution. You should receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Aria will be replaced by an Aria2.

The warranty period, 2 years, was not exceeded.

Thanks for help everybody.

Expecting arrival of scale soon.

Dirk De Schuyter

Best Answer
0 Votes

@strart63 I'm so glad to hear that you are going to receive an Aria 2 soon. Thank you for posting your update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also got the same error. Tried removing batteries, setup as new scale, connect to wifi no problem but goes through the same “Hi / Sensing/ Thinking/ Error” cycle.

Best Answer

I had this error over the weekend. 

I took the batteries out and waited a while then put them back in. After that I did not step on the scale, I let it sit for a whole day. Finally, I stepped on it and it worked. 

YMMV.

Best Answer

@kelvinchua75 I noticed that you joined our Fitbit Community recently. Welcome aboard! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria keeps displaying a "Sensing Thinking" error even though you have removed and put the batteries back in. Please make sure that your scale is placed on an even surface and you are stepping on it barefoot. Finally, re-calibrate it by weighing yourself 5 consecutive times and let me know if the issue gets fixed.

@Cakemeister I see new faces in the Community. Welcome! It's good to know that your Aria is no longer showing the error message. That's great news! Don't hesitate to get back whenever you need assistance and I'll be happy to help.

Catch you both later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with my Aria 1 as well .what do I do? 

Best Answer

Hi,

after did 5 times, the issue still persist.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Get a new one... There is no fix, its a terminal fatal error...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, we tried it more than 5 times and the problem still persists
Best Answer
0 Votes

@FirePanda Welcome aboard to our Fitbit Community and thank you for getting back @kelvinchua75! Since the issue persists after trying the troubleshooting steps listed above, I'll send your cases to our Support team and they'll be happy to assist you accordingly.

You will receive an email from them soon.

I'll be around if more assistance is needed! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes