Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 Body Fat% is completely wrong

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I first noticed a problem in May 2023.  I mentioned to my son, who lives with me, that my body fat% jumped up after my normal Sunday weigh-in.  I have been losing a lot of weight since December of 2022 and my BMI has placed me into a different category, but the body fat% provided by the Aria 2 places me in the previous category.  I wasn't born yesterday and understand that as I'm losing weight, I am losing lean body mass as well as fat.  On June 9th, I used my OMRON to take my fat measurement.  The measurement I received from the OMRON put my body fat% in the same category as my BMI, and my lean body mass was 5.3 pounds heavier than the reading from the Aria 2.  I have taken 22 Aria 2 scale readings since June 9th and have tracked the results in a spreadsheet.  I have used the OMRON only twice since June 9th and both times the readings correlated to my current BMI.  My body fat% reading through the Aria 2 scale has not changed for over a month.  It remains the same.  Meanwhile, the OMRON shows I'm losing mostly body fat and very little lean, which is what I can visually see as well.  I don't know what changed, but the Aria 2 scale is now broken and can't be trusted.

My son told me today that his is the opposite.  The scale is providing him with a low body fat%.

Other issues I have noticed.  I no longer have visibility to when my son uses the scale, and he is a registered user on the device.  I no longer have visibility to when my cat sits on the scale (he shows up as a quest).  Since I'm unable to view guest weigh-ins, I can't reassign them to me.

I have taken all steps in other topics in forum to try and resolve this issue.  Nothing works.  I have verified the setup is correct for both me and my son (we're not athletes).

My membership is up in December.  Sadly, I bought a new watch just before Fitbit ended challenges.  If I feel my scale is not working come December, I will not be a Fitbit/Google customer anymore and will encourage all three of my sons to join me elsewhere.  I had a Tanita body fat scale before I bought the Aria 2.  The Tanita worked beautifully on carpet or hard surfaces, for more than 10 years.  I have had the Aria 2 for only a couple of years now.  I have used fitness watches since 2002.  Please get this working and take care of your community before we're all gone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
0 REPLIES 0