Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 - Pregnancy and Socks/Shoes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have an Aria scale and would love to use it to track my weight throughout pregnancy but it says not to use during pregnancy. I guess this is because of the way it measures body fat? Maybe it's not safe to send the electricity through your body during pregnancy?

My question is, if I were to wear shoes or socks while on the scale, would that stop the thing that measures the body fat and allow me to continue to use the scale for weight? Is there any plan to allow to turn off the body fat measurement?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Socks as long as they are dry will stop the extreamly small amount of current. Personally if it was I, I would ask my doctor if it was OK to use the scale with bare feet. 

Most shoes should also provide enough insulation to stop the current.

Best Answer

I agree with the position that as long as the socks are dry, they should minimize the impact. Maybe there are some scientific articles and recommendations about this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Despite the fact that it is obvious to everyone that the quality of clothing, in particular socks, is very important especially during pregnancy, I would like to share my experience. I didn't pay much attention to socks before. So far, I have not faced a number of health problems. I don't want to go into details, but it was an unpleasant stage in my life, which was full of long rehabilitation. After that, I began to pay great attention to the quality of my clothes. But since I am a creative person, I try to preserve my uniqueness. Once I found a resource where you can order special funny pet socks. I hope you have already seen my love for animals:)

Best Answer
0 Votes