Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 shows a connection error

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Aria 2 has been working fine for 4-5 months no problem. It would sync immediately after weighing with the Fitbit app. A few days ago a connection error popped up. I run through WiFi set up, it says connected, the sync timer sign displays, it then comes up with connection error with a sad face. It’s been like this for the past c3 days. I’ve run the WiFi set up 15-20 times, tried pulling out the batteries for 20-30 mins, still same problem. That said, each day at c430am BST it syncs and updates my Fitbit app. Can you please investigate and or let me know what I can do to remedy. Thanks 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
35 REPLIES 35

@AustinLloyd I'm sorry for the late response. However, I'd like to follow up on this issue and would like you to try one more workaround if you guys haven't done so. Please restart your routers, make sure that they're running the protocol 802.11b and try the setup process one more time. Let me know how it goes.

@Liverpool-Ruth Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! Please don't hesitate to get back if you need further assistance.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes as mentioned before my router is running 800.11.ac - as everything else in the house works fine - I’m not changing it for my Aria 2 sorry!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Liverpool-Ruth Thank you for letting us know the information. I completely understand that you wouldn't change the settings. I'm sorry about the inconvenience that this caused you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks 🙂
At least my Aria 2 is syncing once a day overnight - so that’s completely live-able with 🙂

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Liverpool-Ruth I appreciate your feedback. I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Don't hesitate to get back if you need further assistance! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

So randomly yesterday my Aria 2 synced fine again at point of weigh in.  Twice consecutively......... This morning, connection error again.......... 😞

I wish this thing would just work as it should.

Best Answer
Weird!! Mine just doesn’t sync at time of weighing - only overnight. But as long as it syncs overnight I can cope with it 🙂

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Carrie273 Since the issue persists, let me send your case to our Support team and they'll be happy to follow up and assist you accordingly. You will receive an email from them soon.

@Liverpool-Ruth I'm sorry for this inconvenience. However, i'll be around if you need further assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My new Aria2 was having the same syncing issues with my Virgin Media Wifi, I fixed it (touch wood) by disabling the 5ghz wifi channel in the VM router config leaving just the 2.4ghz channel active.

For those who want to use both wifi channels, possible workarounds may include:

1) assigning a separate SSID to the 2.4ghz channel and using that in the Aria2 wifi setup.

2) creating a guest network that has the 2.4ghz channel active & and the 5ghz disabled.

I will probably end up going with 2 but have had no issues with just using the 2.4ghz connection so far.

Doesn't explain why the scale still managed to sync once every 24hrs at 11:23 am ??

Just happy it working as expected now and move on.

Hope it helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks.
Mine started working normally a couple of months back. Fingers crossed it’s
a permanent fix as I hadn’t tried anything new when it just starting
working!!
--
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've now moved house and have Sky internet.  It's worked ever since! 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Juan, 

Have you worked out a fix for this issue with Aria 2 scales not working correctly with Virgin wifi or do I need to return my scales for a refund? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well we’ve just got back from holiday and have come back to this problem for no reason. Syncs once a day at 10:53. No changes, just random. I think Fitbit need to solve this as many people are obviously having the same problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I returned my scales for a refund. Back to my old scales manually entering weight takes few seconds. Fitbit need to get it sorted before I buy new scales.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am facing the same problem.

Fitbit must fix this.

So sad!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Facing the same problem with my Aria2. Was working fine until recently. Not change whatsoever on internet settings. 

Best Answer
0 Votes