Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Air Scale Stopped Connecting Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I set up my Aria Air for the first time yesterday.  It found my phone right away and logged my weight.  I haven't been able to get it to work today.  I have the app open to the 'today' screen - nothing.  I also had it open to the weight section - nothing.  I checked my phone settings and app settings - that's all good, just like it was yesterday.  I see the scale in the Bluetooth discovered devices.  Google Play says my Fitbit app is up to date.  Fitbit isn't saying I need an firmware update.  Is there anything I can do?  I mean, is there a firmware update for the scale that just isn't automatically showing in my Fitbit account yet?  I don't understand why it would work yesterday but not today.  I made no changes.  It is just a Bluetooth connection so there has got to be something I'm missing.... right?

Thank you in advance for your help....

P.s. My apologies for posting something that has probably been posted numerous times.

I tried searching this topic and haven't found anything helpful except some hope as someone had this problem and said it was fixed.  I have no idea 'how' it was fixed though. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

One possibility - reboot phone; sometimes that helps with bluetooth issues.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi- did you ever get the bluetooth to work? I am having the same issue with my scale too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a similar situation. I got an Aria Air so that my wife and myself could weigh and track on our Fitbit phone app. I got it to work on my phone, but was unable to get it to work on hers. I finally got the scale to show up on both phones, but neither one would record the weight.

After working through the connection problem, I found out what may be causing your app to not see and sync with the scale. It seems that you will need to perform a "Force stop" on the app. After you do this the app will sync and record your weight. Unfortunately, it looks like you need to "Force stop" each time you want to weigh. It may not be a problem since you most likely only weigh once a day, but, it would be nice if you didn't need to perform that action before weighing yourself.

Now, after performing a "Force stop" prior to weighing,there have been no connection issues. Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I had the same issue - restarting app helps. 

Counting its the almost the same effort to enter weigh manually I am not sure what is the value of this product.

Best Answer

How do you do a force stop I am having the same problem with my app for type Bluetooth one minute it’s there and then it’s gone from Bluetooth 

Best Answer

To "force stop" the Fitbit app, you need to go to settings on the device you have Fitbit installed on. Then you select "Apps" and then select the Fitbit app. When you select that, you will see "Force stop" at the bottom of the screen. Select that and then select "OK". You can then go back to the main screen of your device. When you select the Fitbit app, it will restart, and then you can then go to the weight feature and when you step on the scales, it will record your weight. You can then save it to the app. If you find it doesn't sync with the app, you will need to "force stop" again. I used to need to do this, but today when going through these steps, I found that it stayed synced between weightings. But if it looses the sync, just repeat the "force stop" steps. They may have fixed the problem.

Best Answer

Agreed not ideal, but it worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes