Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Air setup issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchased the Aira Air a month or so ago. I am just now trying to use it, and sadly nothing it working well with it at all. I've followed the steps provided, like taking out the 1 battery, wait ten seconds and putting it back in. Nothing. No set up screen shows up or anything. To make it worse, when I try to weigh myself it shows me 100 lbs lighter than I am. I made sure it's set to lbs, still not the proper weight. I don't know how to get it to activate the set up and the blue tooth icon is always off on the scale. The entire thing seems to be defective and I'm really bummed. I don't know what to do.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@HMP177 Welcome to our Fitbit Community. I totally understand how you feel about the issues that your Aria Air has experienced. Please make sure that you followed the setup process as instructed in this help page, under the "Aria Air" section and see if it connects properly.

Hope this helps.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I was having the same problem with not only my aria scale but also my roomba after we moved. I hooked up a netgear wifi extender that I bought on amazon, went through the set up process and had my house wifi with ext at the end. Example:

house wifi name is Smithhouse. The additional address will pop up on wifi as Smithhouse_EXT. When setting up aria just pick the address with EXT. It worked like a charm. I set my devices up via my iphone. Once devices were set up & running I just switched my iphone back to regular wifi. Hope this helps!!   

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dlmtennessee Thank you for participating in our Fitbit forums. I'm so glad to hear that you got your Aria Air connected to your WiFi network. Thank you for sharing the steps you followed. I'm pretty sure that this will help other users that experience the same issue.

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

And you're using the aria air? I ask the best because the air does not connect to wifi. So I'm not sure how those steps will help fix my connection issues. It would be really nice if it was wifi capable though because I'm really starting to question the reliability of this Bluetooth version of the scale.

The air is only Bluetooth capable, it doesn't connect to wifi so are you sure you'll are chatting on the right models message string?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes