Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria WIFI Err with set up

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been trying to set up my scales.  I go through almost the whole process until its trying to connect to WIFI and then a "WIFI ERR" shows up on the scales.  I have checked my settings on my modem and it is on WPA2 PSK.  I have also reset the modem more then once and tried the set up various times with no sucess.  Does this have something to do with my modem?  I have never had so many issues trying to set up one of my devices and I am considering just returning your item as I didnt realise I would have so many issues (obviously I dont want to return it).  Can anyone shed any light on this issue?

Best Answer
357 REPLIES 357

@daboyzpop wrote:

After an hour of messing with this thing, I happened upon your post, which resolved the issue.  Many many thanks dude!  Strange thing is that it was all working without issues for months.  I recently changed my Comcast wifi password and could not get the stupid thing reconnected.  I am not asking any questions at this point, it is working after I changed the 2.4ghz setting to b/n/g.  Thanks again!!!!!!

My happiness was short lived.  The next morning, the scale had disconnected from the network.  Tried a million things and no success.  Ended up swapping out the router and all issues went away.  Hardware was the problem, who knew?  Not me, for sure. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will have to disagree with their marking this as solved.

My Aria was working great until July 7 when it lost the WiFi. 

I have tried all the suggestions I have found on several sites.

Separated my 802.11b/n/g to a new, simple, lowercase network name

set the password to all lowercase letters

manually set channel

pressed on the top to get into SET UP again

turning off all the security on the network

over and over and over

This is frickin' ridiculous.

Best Answer

I hear ya, Quoth.  If I had a dollar for each time i ran that **ahem** setup, I would be able to go buy a new scale.  All I can tell you is that it was clearly a router hardware issue for me.  It would have been nice for tech support to go through the logs and given me that info, but it is what it is.  Haven't had a single issue since the router was swapped. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Would be easier to accept any protocols. 

Moderator Edit: All-caps

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also having trouble connecting to WIFI.  In my case, our provider installed a new router to provide faster speeds, and now I cannot setup the Aria I've had for over a year.  The new router operates on 802.11n protocol instead of 802.11b. Is Fitbit planning to upgrade software to support other protocols??  If not, why not??  What other options do I have?

Best Answer
0 Votes
You should be able to set the protocol to b/g/n by accessing the router settings. Check with your provider on how to make the change.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I know this is not so easy but, log in to your router if you can (Comcast is 10.0.0.1) then login as admin.  I found out that the new router has 2.4 and 5.0 GHz signals which were the same name. My scale was logged into the 5 GHz signal which apparently will not work. I needed to rename my 5.0 GHz to another name so that I could differentiate between the two when the scale setup was done, choosing the 2.4 GHz signal after resetting my scale. What a pain, right? I also found that doing this with the downloadable Aria Fitbit program on my computer (NOT THE PHONE or IPAD) worked. This was all via  along tech call with FitBit. Silly, isn't it? Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info!

Finally got it working......thanks to daboyzpop and anson3!!  Actually needed to change protocol to 802.11b AND connect to 2.4 GHz in order to fix the setup error.  Hope a Fitbit moderator sees this thread...setup needs to be a lot more accommodating.  But got it working...3 days later.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad to have helped, Jogger! Have a good day.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Could never figure out. How to change my WiFi settings on my router settings. after 4 hours of frustration and reading all of the threads I discovered a work around. My work around was turning on the hotspot on my iPhone  to sync data and use as my WiFi setting. The Aria is finally set up and working again. I have to use my data but only takes a sec to sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As well as setting the right protocol, be sure to go into your router settings and check for the following:

Look for your routers Radio settings and check these settings:

Wireless frequency
Set to 2.4GHz (best for compatibility and range)

Wireless Mode
My router shows three options here Up to 54Mbps (best for compatibility), Up to 144Mbps (best for range), Up to 300Mbps (best for performance).
I had to set mine to 54Mbps during the Aria setup (it was set to 300Mbps) to avoid the Network Err problem.

I also had my router set to a specific channel due to nearby router channel conflicts. For the Aria setup, I set the channel to Auto.

This solved my Network Err issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

By the way, my Aria dropped off the network again and the fix was (after checking all the previous) was to log in to the router, change the 802.11 b/g/n back to just 802.11 g/n, hit SAVE and then back to the 802.11b/g/n setting and save again. THAT did it! Weird but just another strange anomaly int e Fitbit Aria scale drama. 

Best Answer

Step 3 of the solution of almac7 worked for me; changed my Wifi password to no special characters and my Aria was able to connect again.

Thanks almac7! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Question, are you saying that if our Wi-Fi or router does not use the same protocol as the scale then it cannot connect?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The protocol on your router needs to be 802.11b to for the Aria to connect and communicate. It’s frustrating that this is the only way. The newer scales use Bluetooth as well which reduces this issue I guess. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
user friendly = 0 😞
Best Answer
Just wait until you run into the Step On/Step Off Circle of Insanity. It’ll drive you crazy.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

ARIA is a joke. Is there any other Scale that works out there?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!!!!!!! After many hours of figuring it out the first time I had my scale set up but after my power went out I had to redo the setup. I wasted lots more time trying to get it set up again until I happened upon your post. Reverting to g/n and then back to b/g/n did the trick! Thank you for sharing!!

Best Answer

My router is 802.11.  My scale will not connect to my new network.  It goes all the way through to step 4, I get the "one last step" and the scale errors out.  I'm very frustrated.  Why is this so hard? 😞

Best Answer