Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria WiFi/Comcast issue solved

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the TL:DR: Fitbit support is big on passing blame. However the Aria network settings are 2.4ghz and only on the B band. All Comcast routers are default at g/n on the 2.4ghz. So, you have to go to http://10.0.0.1/ on your browser. Enter your routers Admin settings (User: Admin Password: Password and changed the 2.4ghz to B/G/N and that's it. After I did this, it linked for the first time. 

Spent over half an hour on chat with FitBit's support last night as my Aria kept failing to connect to my network. Checking the error logs it was coming back with a "failed password" error. Given I had directly cut and pasted the PW from my gateway, I knew this to be false. The person I was talking to wasn't very helpful and kinda rude.

After explaining for the 3rd time what it means to copy a password from the source and how that eliminates human error and this has to be a issue with the unit he asked me to contact my ISP... And as I work for my ISP, I had a little chuckle and then it hit me. I asked him what exact network config does the Aria have? It's 2.4GHZ and exclusively on the B band. All new routers through CC are default g/n on the 2.4ghz. After switching that to a B/G/N I had to issues and the device linked fine. 

I hope this find helps someone else and that Fitbit fixes this for future devices.

Had no* issues

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

@Swift88 Thanks for participating in our Fitbit Community! Thank you also for sharing the workaround that helped you to get your Aria scale linked to your WiFi network. I'm pretty sure that this info will help other users that experience the same issue.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

MAJOR shoutout to you for posting this solution! 

Been fighting this issue myself today. Fixed with your solution 

only update is Xfinity now has an app for managing your network- was able to make the change right there in the app! Very easy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kaybee8888 That's great news! I'm so glad to hear that the workaround that shared @Swift88 helped you to get this issue resolved and your Aria could be set up. Thank you for posting your update here.

Have you heard about our Discussions board? In this board you'll be able to tell your stories, meet more people and start your own topics.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was the only issue I had. And like you set it linked up as soon as I changed that setting. Thank you so much. I only wanted about an hour and a half trying to do this. Thank you!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Katcor44 It's awesome to hear that you also managed to get this issue resolved by following the workaround shared by @Swift88 above.

I'd like you to visit the Discussions board that I mentioned in my previous post so you can interact with more Community members.

Don't hesitate to get back if you need further assistance! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel like this works for everyone else but not for me.  I changed it to B and it's still not working.  It's basically saying that my Aria doesn't have a connection.  When I find the Aria wifi, I get a notice that it's not active when I click it.  Like it kicks me offline.  This sucks cuz I really want to sync and use it.  Spoke to both Fitbit and Comcast 😔

Best Answer

@Kay_dubb1 Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I' sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not connecting to your network even though you've made sure that your router runs the protocol "B".

I'd like you to make sure that your router also runs the bandwidth 2.4GHz. Finally, let me know if your get any error message during the setup process.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got it!!!!  I had to do it from my laptop and reboot my modem.  Thanks guys!

Best Answer

@Kay_dubb1 That's great news! I'm so glad to hear that you managed to get your Aria scale connected to your network. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!  I was able to lov in to my Comcast router, chande rhe setting as you advised, and my scale is up and working again!  Awesome!  

Best Answer

@Gutsy I'm sorry for the late response. However, I'm so glad to hear that you managed to get your Aria set up. Thank you for posting the update here.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish this solution would have worked for me but no such luck. I hope the people who are super frustrated by their Aria scale are also invited to visit Fitbit discussion boards to share their experiences. I think for every one person who is angry enough to post their problems with their scale there must be hundreds of others who have just thrown it away. 

Best Answer

I have been trying this for hour . It doesn't work. I'm really sick of this. I'm ready to bash this scale with a hammer. It will not connect no matter what I do. Comcast has walked me through everything they can do. Fitbit sucks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just moved and my comcast router doesn't have the b/g/n option. I just had a chat with fitbit and they told me I was just out of luck. I don't meet the requirements. I am extremely disappointed. My scale went from useful tool to a basic scale. Definitely not a good customer service experience. 

Best Answer

I was SO hopeful when I found this thread.... after years of trying to connect my Aria, this post actually gave me hope!  Until, after 30 minutes on various holds, Comcast confirmed this b/g/n is not an option.  I remain, disconnected.  😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was an option when the post was made. The newer modems no longer support it as it's a security risk. I am also in the same boat and now have a regular ole scale. 

At this point, it's on Fitbit for using cheap WiFi chips on a $100+ scale. 

If you attached a old wifi router to the Xfinity one that uses B band. You could get it to work theoretically. 

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I was SO hopeful when I found this thread.... after years of trying to connect my Aria, this post actually gave me hope!  Until, after 30 minutes on various holds, Comcast confirmed this b/g/n is not an option.  I remain, disconnected.  😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just a suggestion for no 802.11b...   see if you can find an older Netgear g or n router.  Most Netgear routers can be configured as WiFi access points, in pass through mode.  You just plug the WAN port of the old router into a LAN port on your main router and you should have a wireless b connection. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in the same situation.  Not sure I want to spend 100+ dollars to buy yet another scale.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just checked my Comcast XFi gateway device logs, and it does show my Chromecast devices using 2.4 b, and it also logged the Aria scale at least one time, but my WIFI network was never discovered in the Fitbit app, and I wasn't able to manually add it. So, this didn't solve my problem. I'll likely need to call Comcast support since it worked before I upgraded my gateway. 

Best Answer
0 Votes