Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria body fat percentage goes up every time I step on scale in morning

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This morning I got on the scale at 6am after being up for 10 minutes walking around. First reading 173.5 lbs 17.4% fat. I thought ok cool let me check one more time to get consistent numbers. So I get back on 173.5 lbs 17.5% fat. Then again 173.5 lbs 17.6% fat.  After 11 times of getting on and off it kept going up until the 11th time it was 173.5 lbs 18.4% fat and I was like ok, I have to go to work. That is way off from the first time I stepped on it. Seems like it does this all the time. The weight was the same reading every time. Am I doing something wrong?

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

@hankddog It's great to have you aboard in our Fitbit Community! I would like to take a look at this help article which explains how accurate is your Aria scale.

Let me know if more questions arise my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

It doesn't explain how I can step on it and it says 16.1%. Then keep getting on and off and it goes to 18%. That is a huge swing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hankddog Thanks for getting back! If your Aria is showing body fat percentage, that means that you are stepping on the scale correctly. Just make sure that your Aria is placed on an even and flat surface. Also, try taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. Once this has been done, weigh yourself 5 consecutive times in order to re-calibrate your Aria scale and check out if the issue gets resolved.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Aria is a piece of junk. Every morning, my BF starts with ~15 and within minutes goes up. Here’s snapshot from today:

7:21 15.4

7:22 15.6

7:23 15.8

7:25 16.1

7:27 16.4

7:28 16.6

7:29 17.0

i gave up since I had to leave for work. It’s so off compared to what numbers my gym provided (12% BF)

I’ve totally stopped looking at this unit for BF measurements and use it only for overall weight. Definitely not investing in any Fitbit products anymore.

Best Answer

@MaxPrank Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not providing accurate body fat readings either. I know how frustrating this is for you.

Please make sure that your Aria is placed on a hard surface and you are stepping on it barefoot. If these details are already covered, please follow the restart process that I shared in my previous post. This will refresh your scale internally.

Finally, please follow the tips that are listed in this help article, under the subject "How can I get the most accurate readings from my scale?"

If the issue persists, let me know and I'll be happy to follow up! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same issues.  BF goes up .1% every time I step off and on.  Any updates on this issue.  Is Aria 2 any better?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Issue persists. Happens intermittently every once in a while. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Aria 2 is better. We got one and are happy with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes