Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria cannot find my home network

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Aria 1 for about 2 years. It works OK most of the time, but occasionally it will disconnect from my home network. To reconnect it is always a laborious pain, but I eventually get there, but not today,

Today, I have tried the downloaded App on my Windows 10 Laptop and the online Web tool on my iPhone.

Every time I get to the step where the Windows App tries to reconnect to my home laptop, it fails.

Every time I get to the step on the Web tool where I have to select my home network to reconnect to and finish the process, my home network does not display. It does not matter how many times I refresh the network list, it does not appear.

All my other devices are connected to the home network and even the iPhone where I am using the Web tool, shows the home network in the settings.

I've given up for today, as I have spent far too much time on what should be an easy process.

I even downloaded the latest Windows App today, but to no avail.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I tried changing various network settings, but nothing worked.

I then installed 4 new batteries, even though it was showing almost fully charged the last time I checked.

What do you know, my home network showed up in the list and I'm now connected again.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

@SFOTyke It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! Sounds weird that your Aria scale can't be set up again. In order to assist you properly, I'd need you to let me know a couple of details; do you get any error message during the setup process? Have you made changes to your network such as password, router or network settings?

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is how my scale started to act before I tried changing he batteries. It then died with the infamous sensing-step off- err you read about daily. I believe it is a fault of poor software updates which fitbit has no motivation to fix. Their response to buy a new one. My advice is to find a company that stands behind its product and actually explains to its user base why a product used 30 seconds per day fails completely after a basic battery change.

I guess another's legitamate question is why on earth the old wifi B standard was used

Best Answer

I tried again this morning, but once I am connected to the Aria network, when I try to switch back to my home network, it will not show my Wi-FI name in the list, no matter how many times I try to refresh the list.

I've tried using my iPhone and iPad with the web-based option, and my Windows 10 laptop with the latest downloaded App, but it always fails at this step.

Best Answer

I tried changing various network settings, but nothing worked.

I then installed 4 new batteries, even though it was showing almost fully charged the last time I checked.

What do you know, my home network showed up in the list and I'm now connected again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I give up with this device.

I stepped on the scale this morning and then checked my dashboard and the scale has yet again lost the network connection, even though everything in the house is still connected.

I went through the process to reconnect it and it fails again at the step where it cannot find my home network.

I solved this issue last time by installing 4 brand new batteries, but that was only 2 weeks ago. It surely can't drain them so quickly.

I think it is time to seek an alternative solution, as this is beyond frustrating.

Best Answer

I am with you. I have had this scale since January and it continuously gives me issues connecting to my wifi. I have contacted customer service time and again and each time they get ruder and more unhelpful. My scale has now been disconnected for 2 weeks and no one will help me or even answer my emails within a timely manner. It seems like this a known issue with this product and that they don't actually care whether their customers are taken care of. I am planning on switching to Apple products. They have a smart scale by Nokia that gets awesome reviews and Apple customer service has never let me down. Shame on Fitbit for caring so little. 

Best Answer

From a Mac World article I found when looking for alternatives, it is a well known issue:

https://www.macworld.com/article/2935597/wi-fi-scales-compared-fitbit-aria-and-withings-smart-body-a...

"The Fitbit scale is generally easy to setup, but I’ve had problems getting it to connect to my network, usually after changing batteries—once, the scale took more than an hour to work properly. This seems to be a common complaint amongst Aria users. The Withings scale was much easier to set up."

I tried again today, but I have now been without my scale for several days, so it is time to seek alternative tracking devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Silly me, just because it worked before,I thought it would work again.

I went out and purchased brand new batteries yesterday.

It still failed at the same step when trying to find my network when connected to the Aria network, even though it is six inches from my router.

I kept refreshing the network list and each time it brought back a different list of my neighbors networks in my condo, but never mine.

I know it is not a problem with my network settings, because it has found it before (on rare occasions).

I definitely give up this time. 

It is time to look at alternative scales and maybe their matching fitness wrist bands, as this is the end of my Fitbit association.

They know there is an issue, but will not address it, except for expecting me to buy the Aria 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This scale is the worst!  I'm throwing it out the window and will never purchase another fitbit product again.  i have had every single issue described with the failure of the scale to detect the wifi, suck the life out of new batteries searching for the same and not to mention all of my wasted time and energy on something that clearly is defective.  out of warranty (2 years old) and this is going straight in the trash. 

Best Answer

Does Fitbit monitor this thread. I am having the same issue as others. Is there a firmware update for aria v39 that fixes this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

didn't work for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up and bought a Qardio II.

Best Answer

too bad.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We recently changed our router and my Aria can’t find my network.  It finds others in my area but not mine.  

Best Answer

I tried this and everything else to get it to find to my Panoramic WiFi. Nothing has worked. I’ve reset and put in new batteries for 2 days and still nothing. I’m giving up and getting Apple scale. 

Best Answer
0 Votes