Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria does not recognise me

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Aria does not recognise me and keeps calling me a guest can anyone please help, I used to be able to do it with old app but now I’m completely lost 😞 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Subject: Reconnecting with your Aria: A Simple Workaround for User Recognition Issues

Hi everyone,

I'm writing today to share a workaround I discovered that helped my wife (and hopefully you!) reconnect with our Aria scale after it stopped recognizing her. This might apply if you've experienced similar problems, where the scale used to identify you but now just registers you as a guest.

Backstory:

For context, my wife was happily using the Aria in August 2023 until she went through a weight change during her pregnancy. Soon after, the scale started mistaking her for a guest on every weigh-in. Back then, assigning past guest entries to users was simple, a feature sadly missing now. Frustrated, I put on my thinking hat and found a solution that worked for us.

The Issue:

Your Aria scale no longer recognizes you as a user, despite previously working flawlessly.

Assumptions:

1. You're a valid user on the Aria scale.
  2. Your Aria scale is "functioning" correctly.

Workaround Fix:

1. Weigh yourself once. Note down your exact weight (e.g., 175 lbs). Remember: You won't get body fat % since it's a guest weigh-in.
  2. Manually log that weight in your Fitbit app. Make sure it's the exact same weight you noted down.
  3. Step back on the Aria scale. Now, it should recognize you again!

Why it works:

The Aria uses your Fitbit app as a data source to estimate who's stepping on the scale. It seems to apply a reasonable range around your recent weights (maybe ± 3 lbs, but the exact formula is unknown). If a weigh-in falls outside this range, it flags it as a guest.

Before, assigning guest entries helped mitigate this and was easy, however, based on all the threads/posts this feature is no longer working. By manually syncing your recent weight with the app, you essentially "prime" the Aria's memory, making it more likely to recognize you on the next try.

Pro-tip: This fix might not work instantly for everyone. If it doesn't recognize you the first time, repeat steps 1-3 a couple more times. Hopefully, it should click soon!

Remember, this is just a workaround until a more permanent fix is available (if ever, since this is a legacy product). However, it helped us reconnect with our Aria, and I hope it does the same for you!

Feel free to comment below if you have any questions or have a different experience with this issue. We're all in this together!

Best,

Determined Husband

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Subject: Reconnecting with your Aria: A Simple Workaround for User Recognition Issues

Hi everyone,

I'm writing today to share a workaround I discovered that helped my wife (and hopefully you!) reconnect with our Aria scale after it stopped recognizing her. This might apply if you've experienced similar problems, where the scale used to identify you but now just registers you as a guest.

Backstory:

For context, my wife was happily using the Aria in August 2023 until she went through a weight change during her pregnancy. Soon after, the scale started mistaking her for a guest on every weigh-in. Back then, assigning past guest entries to users was simple, a feature sadly missing now. Frustrated, I put on my thinking hat and found a solution that worked for us.

The Issue:

Your Aria scale no longer recognizes you as a user, despite previously working flawlessly.

Assumptions:

1. You're a valid user on the Aria scale.
  2. Your Aria scale is "functioning" correctly.

Workaround Fix:

1. Weigh yourself once. Note down your exact weight (e.g., 175 lbs). Remember: You won't get body fat % since it's a guest weigh-in.
  2. Manually log that weight in your Fitbit app. Make sure it's the exact same weight you noted down.
  3. Step back on the Aria scale. Now, it should recognize you again!

Why it works:

The Aria uses your Fitbit app as a data source to estimate who's stepping on the scale. It seems to apply a reasonable range around your recent weights (maybe ± 3 lbs, but the exact formula is unknown). If a weigh-in falls outside this range, it flags it as a guest.

Before, assigning guest entries helped mitigate this and was easy, however, based on all the threads/posts this feature is no longer working. By manually syncing your recent weight with the app, you essentially "prime" the Aria's memory, making it more likely to recognize you on the next try.

Pro-tip: This fix might not work instantly for everyone. If it doesn't recognize you the first time, repeat steps 1-3 a couple more times. Hopefully, it should click soon!

Remember, this is just a workaround until a more permanent fix is available (if ever, since this is a legacy product). However, it helped us reconnect with our Aria, and I hope it does the same for you!

Feel free to comment below if you have any questions or have a different experience with this issue. We're all in this together!

Best,

Determined Husband

Best Answer

@3picD   Thank you for discovering and sharing your workaround.  I moved this thread to the Aria forum, a better fit.  I hope it will help other Aria (original) users with this same problem.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Swampiesue -

My Aria is doing the same thing FWIW.  I've tried doing what is being suggested below but so far haven't had any luck 😭.

Will keep you posted if I'm able to figure it out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok I will try that, thank you for sharing with us 😘

Best Answer

Sue -

Here's a link to what allowed me to get my FitBit Aria scale to recognize me again.  It's a bit of a hack but got the scale to compute my BMI again!!!  I had gained a few pounds since the scale last recognized me so the trick was to get within the 8lb. limit since my history showed it knew who I was.  I was able to tell the weight to try and match by looking at the last time the app logged my BMI in the history. 

This link should point to my reply (I hope!).  You might have to scroll down a bit to find my entry.  If you have trouble, let me know.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Aria-Scales/Aria-2-won-t-register-guest-weight/m-p/5525899# 

It would be really nice if FitBit/Google would provide a way to reset the weight setting to use a brand new sample for an existing user.

Anyhow, good luck with your scale and fitness journey.  😉

Best Answer

hi thanks for your reply but I’m a bit of a techno phobic and that looks really complicated to me but thank you 🙏 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome @Swampiesue...  

I agree.  It's too bad the App doesn't make it easy to reset user data.

Thanks for the vote.  You can message me here if you are interested in additional guidance.  

-Steve

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much 🙏🙏🙏

Best Answer

You're  welcome  @Swampiesue @🙏

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great work around, thanks! My son and I weight approx.  the same so sometimes we are mixed up, without the possibility to choose the correct symbol. It proofs that the fatpercentage is not measured but made up, because his % is 16 (20 year old man) and mine is 35 (middleaged woman). If it was actually measured, it would be easy to distinguish us. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried this last week and unfortunately didn't work for me, very frustrating 

Best Answer
0 Votes