Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria not connecting to my WiFi network

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a white Generation 1 Aria scale, which I bought from Amazon February 2015.  It is employing version 35 of the software (V35).  I access it through the latest version of the Fitbit app for Android.

In January 2018, the scale stopped measuring body fat ("BF?" error), and in Feb 2018 stopped connecting to my wifi, which had not changed.

I deleted it from my device list (after failing to get a connection), and then tried setting it up as a new device and connecting it through various configurations.  Nothing is working.

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The Fitbit company has acknowledged my issue quickly as follows:

We're sorry to hear that your Fitbit Aria Scale is not syncing your body fat % to your account. We are glad to assist you with this.

We appreciate any troubleshooting efforts prior to contacting us. Upon checking our records we were able to confirm the issue you are experiencing, for that reason we would like to move forward and check your available options.

We would like you to please provide us with some information:

• Where and when you purchased the scale
  • Your country of residence
  • Proof of purchase
  • Picture of the back of your scale clearly showing the MAC and Serial numbers with a handwritten note (using a piece of paper or a post-it.) on top of it containing your case number.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions, we are happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

Danny A and the Fitbit Team

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
37 REPLIES 37

@RickLEF Thanks for participating in our Fitbit Community! Seems odd that your Aria scale stopped syncing with your network all of a sudden. Besides the message "BF?", are you getting any other error message during the setup process? Did you make changes to your network such as router, WiFi password or network settings? This info will help me to assist you accordingly.

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit company has acknowledged my issue quickly as follows:

We're sorry to hear that your Fitbit Aria Scale is not syncing your body fat % to your account. We are glad to assist you with this.

We appreciate any troubleshooting efforts prior to contacting us. Upon checking our records we were able to confirm the issue you are experiencing, for that reason we would like to move forward and check your available options.

We would like you to please provide us with some information:

• Where and when you purchased the scale
  • Your country of residence
  • Proof of purchase
  • Picture of the back of your scale clearly showing the MAC and Serial numbers with a handwritten note (using a piece of paper or a post-it.) on top of it containing your case number.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions, we are happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

Danny A and the Fitbit Team

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RickLEF I'm so glad to hear that our Support team is already taking case of your case. Thanks for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board, where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, the support team took the case, determined it to be an Aria I software fault, and offered neither full or partial remedy because the product was out of warranty

Best Answer

@RickLEF I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is no longer under warranty. The warranty period is good for 365 days. I appreciate your feedback. For more information about our warranty policies, please visit this page.

Don't hesitate to get back if more assistance is needed my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having this same problem. How do I get this resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CC23 Thanks for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you and find a solution for the syncing issue that your Aria scale is experiencing. In order to provide appropriate troubleshooting steps, I would like to know if you made changes to your network settings, changed router or changed WiFi password since this could have affected the connection between your router and scale.

See you later my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbit At the time my Aria stopped syncing, which was about 6 months ago around Sept 2017, I had not made any changes. However, I have since made changes, as of Jan 2018, and tried to reset my Aria scale with new WiFi password & I keep getting a “WIFI ERR” message. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CC23 Thanks for getting back! Since you mentioned that you are getting a "WiFi ERR" message, I'd like you to try the troubleshooting steps that shared @SunsetRunner in this post.

Let me know how it goes my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I bought my Aria scale directly from fitbit when they first offered them. It is not syncing at all   and not doing bodyfat. Any help greatly appreciated..

Best Answer
0 Votes

same here

Best Answer
0 Votes

No go.

A software issue has been confirmed by Fitbit, but the Aria I is out of warranty, so a fix is not coming.

I shall not be buying or endorsing Fitbit products in the future. 

Best Answer

hank you very much for getting back to us and for the prompt response.

This is the reply I got !!!  The information provided is really appreciated. We also appreciate all your efforts in troubleshooting this issue with us. However, upon checking our system we noticed that your Fitbit Aria is currently out of our limited warranty period, which we could confirm with the information you have provided. For more information about our warranty policy, please visit www.fitbit.com/returns.

Please note that currently we do not have a repair center and our retailers aren't certified to repair any Fitbit product, which is why we do not produce replacement parts.

This is the response I got T,hank you very much for getting back to us and for the prompt response The information provided is really appreciated. We also appreciate all your efforts in troubleshooting this issue with us. However, upon checking our system we noticed that your Fitbit Aria is currently out of our limited warranty period, which we could confirm with the information you have provided. For more information about our warranty policy, please visit www.fitbit.com/returns.

Please note that currently we do not have a repair center and our retailers aren't certified to repair any Fitbit product, which is why we do not produce replacement parts.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Read "We don't truly stand behind our products... consider yourself lucky for getting three years out of your Aria I...  it was already two years out of warranty." 

Best Answer

Hi, I’m having similar issues as the one below. I’ve been able to successfully connect my aria and set it up but every time I step on I get the same sep on, step off, thinking, err message. I’ve taken out the batteries, replaced the new ones with new ones again. Reset it and went through the setup process again and I’m still getting the same results. The problem is I received this as a gift so I can’t even return it. Please let me know if I have any options here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

sorry to say  probably not  how old is yours ? Basically they told me  sorry your out of warranty and nothing they will do  spent over $100 for this scale I thought they would keep up with the  syncing  problems  but they are off make $$ on different items

Best Answer
 I have had mine for quite awhile.. 
I will not buy another..
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

@LaMarchand It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale stopped syncing with your network and it's not reading your body fat percentage. I want to follow up on this and would like to know if you have made changes to your network (router, router settings or WiFi password). Also, is it showing any error message when it tries to send your data to your Dashboard?

@brenda57 @RickLEF I totally understand how you feel about this, trust me. However, the warranty period is good for 365 days. This info is gathered to be forwarded to our team in order to keep improving.

@Amarie917 I noticed that you joined our Fitbit Community recently, welcome aboard! Regarding the error message you are getting on your Aria's display, I would like you make sure that your scale is placed on an even or flat surface. If so, try weighing yourself 5 consecutive times in order to re-calibrate it and see if the issue gets resolved.

By the way, thanks a lot for troubleshooting this issue before getting in touch with the Community.

I'll be around if more assistance is needed guys! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Aria scale stopped synching this week. In fact this happens intermittently. Usually removing the batteries for about 5 minutes and then replacing them does the trick. This time that did not work. Any ideas? I should not have to do this so frequently.

Best Answer