Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scale Err reading

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just spent the whole afternoon trying to set up my Aria that has been in it's box for the better part of it's lifetime. As soon as I linked it to my WiFi the error message came up after I step off the scale. 

I searched YouTube for an answer how to fix but with no luck.

This will be the last time I EVER purchase a Fitbit product, the Aria scale is where **ahem** like this belong, in the dustbin!!! Plastic products with no chance of lasting 2 years. Money wasted, this is so frustrating.

Done with Fitbit, the moment my ALTA HR conks (and it will) that will be my swansong from Fit-**ahem**!!!

Yours truly

Pissed off soon to be ex customer.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@CarelP. Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is displaying an "ERR" message. Thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our forums. I would like to turn that bad experience into a good experience.

Please let me know the following details that will help me to assist you accordingly: Does the issue appear as "WiFi ERR" or "Sensing Thinking ERR"? What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was having the same issue.  Actually, first issue was getting scale set up on a new network- accomplished.  Then the err message came into play.  Would step on the scale, it showed sensing and then said step off.   Moved to thinking and then err came up. 

Had and seen in another post about taking 5 weights to set it up, did that with no joy.  Put batteries in it, no joy.  Went and set it up on the network again (changing scale name during setup to ensue it was done).   Name change showed up after setting up, same issue with err message.  

Got out in touch with support via chat and went through everything.  Suspected that the sensors are not working!   But hay, they have a sale on the new model.  

I’ve seen this err appear in some other messages and chat boards, is it just me or is this seem related to announcement of support ending in December.  Seems suspicious that all these folks are having the same issue.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this problem when I first setup this scale...moved and now trying to set up on wifi again. No matter what...I keep getting the Wifi ERR message. I have xfinity wifi.  not sure if that is causing the problem.  This is the only device I have ever had trouble with...so annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Aria 1 .  Since moving 1.5 years ago, I received the ERR message on my scale....new router in my new residence.  I called Fitbit support at the time...multiple times...found out the scale has to be connected on a 2.4 GHZ wifi setting. Called Xfinity and found I have two settings on my router for WIFI 5.0 Ghz and 2.4.  Great I thought...I just have to set up my FitBit scale and select 2.4.

Continued to have problems and never connected for 1.5 years.  I decided to try again for the new year using some of the tips I read on Amazon reviews and I am connected!!!!     Here are the steps I took!

1. Refresh the fitbit app on your phone..I own a Note 9 for reference.

2. I went into my Xfinity account and set up a different password for my 2.4 GHZ WIFI.

3. Followed set-up instructions with the fitbit app....this time connecting to my 2.4 WIFI with my new password.  

4. I allowed the phone to display "trying to connect" for several mins----even though I never got a confirmation on the scale or the phone.  Got the ERR message on the scale.

5. Put the scale on a hard surface and weighted myself.   

**Important*** I found that I was still getting the ERR message on the scale after trying to connect, however when I went to my Fitbit account on my phone and on my computer my weight was logged in!!

Again, you will continue to get the ERR message, but check your Fitbit account to see if the weight was logged.   Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

Hello @Swajim, welcome to the Community. Thank you for all the troubleshooting steps you tried and for your feedback regarding support. We always appreciate it, since it helps us to improve the customer's experience with our products. 

@budless welcome to the Community! Thank you for what you have already tried to solve this situation. This error occurs most commonly when the network password is entered incorrectly or the router was not properly set up. It could also be due to a network firewall, MAC filtering, or the use of network extenders or repeaters. Verify that your password is correct and that your router is set to allow for the required 802.11b connection. If you're unsure of your Wi-Fi password, see How do I find my Wi-Fi network password and security setting? If you need assistance verifying your router's configuration, consult your router's manual or contact your internet provider.

Before you try to set up your scale again, we recommend the following:

• Keep the scale within 10 feet of your router.
  • Clear the cache and cookies in your browser.
  • We don't recommend using extenders. If you're using an extender, make sure it's on a lower channel than your router.

@NewDay2019 nice to hear from you again. Thank you for sharing this helpful tips. 🙂 Are you still getting the Err message? Is it SENSING, THINKING, ERR or WIFI ERR?

Hope to hear back from you. 🙂

Lucia | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Hat dir dieser Post geholfen? Bezeichne ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos 😄

Best Answer
My error was sensing, thinking, err. Wifi seemed to be connected fine.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Swajim Thank you for sharing your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes