Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scale won't recognize WiFi network

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got an original Aria scale and when I try to set it up on my wifi it won't even find it. It finds other wifi's, but not the one I use. My wifi is provided by Single Digits (shared apartment wifi) and I tried calling their support but they said its an issue with the device. Theres not a lot I can do in terms of resetting it or anything and I'm not sure what to do. I saw Fitbit has a software that lets you set it up without wifi, but when I try to download it it sends me to the web setup. Any help?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@lrenee123, it appears from your description that your appartment's WiFi does not support the 802.11b protocol. If they are not willing to change the settings to allow dual protocols, you will not be able to connect to it.  Here are the network requirements for the Aria:

Networking Requirements
The Fitbit Aria connects directly to your home’s wireless network and supports the following network configurations:

- Wireless 802.11b standard

- WEP / WPA / WPA2 personal security

- Automatic (DHCP) IP setup (static IP configuration not supported)

Aria requires an 802.11b-compatible network to connect and sync your scale data to your Fitbit dashboard

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't have any direct access to the wifi and am unable to change it. Is
there anything else I can do?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@lrenee123 wrote:
I don't have any direct access to the wifi and am unable to change it. Is there anything else I can do?

Unfortunately, no.  If their WiFi does not support 802.11b you will not be able to connect to it.

Best Answer
0 Votes