Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria showing no BMI data

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Aria does not display my BMI.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @Coupe31! The Aria does not display BMI. Are you referring to body fat? What is is giving you instead?

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, @Coupe31! The Aria does not display BMI. Are you referring to body fat? What is is giving you instead?

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

I thought the display on the Aria scale was supposed to be displaying BMI and not fat %.  If I go to a BMI calculator on the internet it will be about 10 points higher than any BMI calculator I used.  Why does FitBit use fat % instead of BMI.  BMI seems to be a more common standard.  I did not realize there was a difference between fat% and BMI until I exported the data and saved it  This data lists BMI and fat%.  If the Aria measures it, why isn't there a BMI or Fat option.  I would rather see BMI on the scale. 

DateWeightBMIFat
1/11/2017231.5733.1245.872
Best Answer
0 Votes

@fredfli Thanks for joining us in this thread! I really appreciate your feedback and comments regarding the BMI not showing on the Aria's display. The Aria only displays your weight and body fat as you mentioned above. You can view your BMI on your web-based Dashboard only by clicking on the "Log" button of your Dashboard, then select "Weight" and then you'll be able to select BMI, which is located above the graph.

Let me know if more questions arise my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are wrong. on the Aria 2, while standing on the scale your BMI and fat % are readable on the scale itself. This is how the scale was designed to work. You can stand there a whole minute if you want while the information crosses over and over, giving you time to write it down while standing there.  It worked fine for me this way?The problem is in the software. Its a glitch. Read my other posts how I tested it. You must know that my scale works wonderfully. I am very happy with it. On the other hand, not all the time does it sync properly. This is my second scale now. I changed nothing and it quit syncing fat and BMI. It wasn't anything I did or didn't do. The scale remained just as I left it, and it quit on me by itself after the scale worked as designed. Therefore, it is a glitch. I have powerful Wi-fi in every room of the house. Yes, the scale will operate correctly on its own when I keep weighing. Its true. Nonetheless, it will stop again, too. This is not how the tool was designed. Everyone is trying different tricks to get it to work properly, but what they don't know is that it is a bug in the software. I proved it, as I said above. If my test were done at a lab, they would accept this answer and fix it. 

Best Answer

I think they make the scale so that it will break just after the warranty expires. It worked perfectly and then all of a sudden nothing but trouble and days wasted trying to find solutions only to finally be told by Fitbit support that I have to buy a new one. Why would I do that after reading about all the trouble other people are having with their scale? If they can't stand behind their product people should avoid wasting their money. 

Best Answer