Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria stopped syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My aria scale has suddenly stopped syncing with my network. It recognises me by name, but doesn't even go through the attempting to sync process .

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Try taking the batteries out for 15 minutes.

I assume you have not made any changes to your network.

Best Answer

@steveansell It's great to see you in our Fitbit forums! I want to follow up on your case and would like to know if the workaround that that shared my friend @SunsetRunner was helpful since I would have also tried that advice.

If you haven't made any changes to your network as he also mentioned, let me know what is the make and model of your router and also let me know if you get any error message while your Aria tries to sync your data.

See you guys later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have tried taking batteries out, replacing them and there has been no change to the router or network. The Aria doesn't even attempt to search for a network. After giving weight and body fat %, it switches off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@steveansell Thank you for getting back and trying the troubleshooting steps recommended above. I would like you to try one more workaround that will help me to determine how to proceed according to the outcome. Please restart your router and set up your scale from scratch. Once you have set up your scale, weigh yourself 5 times in a row and see if those weigh ins get synced.

Let me me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

My scale also stopped syncing , I am curious to see how you make out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Wmnnaoj Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'll be happy to assist you and help you to find a solution for the syncing issue you've experienced with your Aria scale. Please let me know if you get any error message when your scale tries to sync your data. Also, let me know if you've made changes to your network such as router, router settings or WiFi password. This info will help me to determine the cause of the issue.

Catch ya later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah I've kinda already answered that
Best Answer
0 Votes

@steveansell Thank you for your reply! Please let me know what is the make and model of your router.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I moved and bought a new Linksys router.  I know how to put the scale in setup mode.  When it is connected in my phone to Aria, my network

shows up and I enter my password but I get a failed message. No have tried 10 times.  Very annoying.  My router is fine.  Is there a way to reset the scale entirely.  It is about to be placed down the trash shoot otherwise.  Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CamoDuck Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria is not connecting to your Linksys router.

Regarding your question, the Aria restart consists in taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and putting them back in. If you already did this, please make sure that your router runs the protocol 802.11b, bandwidth 2.4GHz and your WiFi password is alphanumerical only.

Let me know if your router complies with those settings and I'll be happy to assist you accordingly.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It does comply and I have gone through the proper set up no less than 10 times on both my iPhone and my laptop. No luck. I am going to toss it buy something that actually works. This product has been problematic since new. Every time I had to connect it previously it took multiple attempts. It’s flawed technology which is evident by all the posts.

Taylor Shaw

"Think big; think disruptive. Execute with full passion" ...Masayoshi Son

Please Forgive iPhone Auto Correct ☺️
Best Answer
0 Votes

@CamoDuck I'm sorry for the late response. However, since the issue persists, I'll send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes