Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to: Setup your Fitbit Aria

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The simplest and quickest approach to setting up your Aria scale is by installing and running the setup software from here.

If you are unable to complete the setup with this software, we recommend using the web-based setup as a secondary alternative. Complete instructions for this process can be found in this help article, along with the instructional video below.

Setting up your Aria via the Web-based Method

For assistance with putting your Aria in "Setup Active" mode, please consult this post.

If you are unable to complete the setup process using the above information, check this help article for more setup tips. For further assistance, please contact our Support Team at http://contact.fitbit.com or join the discussion in our Aria Community forum. Be sure to provide as many details as possible about where in the process you are getting stuck and what error you are encountering.

Best Answer
293 REPLIES 293
I'm unable to set up my aria scale. Each time I try to reconnect from aria to my wifi no networks pop up and when I manually type in the wifi name and password I'm told it isn't recognized. Please help!
Best Answer

I am having the exact same problem.

Best Answer

@TaylorB @sdlombardi If you don't see any networks in the list, try clicking hte "Refresh Networks" button to check again. If it's still empty, you may not be properly connected to the Aria's network. Make sure you give it plenty of time to connect to the Aria before clicking "I'm Connected" on the previous screen. You may also need to restart your router by unplugging it and then plugging it back in. It's also worth checking to ensure that the router is broadcasting via the 802.11b standard.

If none of this helps, and you always see a blank list, it's also possible that something is not working properly with your Aria itself. In that case, you may need to return it for a replacement. Contact our Support Team at http://contact.fitbit.com for assistance.

Best Answer

I see a list of networks but Aria does not connect to anyone of the available networks.

Best Answer

@sdlombardi If you can see a list of networks, then your Aria is probably working correctly. If the scale displays "WIFI ERR" when trying to connect, it's possible that:

• you've entered an incorrect password (this is case sensitive)
  • your router is not properly configured to use the 802.11b standard
  • your scale is too far from the router

Check this help article for assistance with your setup.

Best Answer
I have followed the instructions several times over the past year and I can't get my scale set up. Someone emailed me and have me the same directions I've been following. I want my money back NOW
Best Answer
It won't connect to Wi-Fi. Never asks for password. I never get that far in process. I've used phone, computer, current browsers. It shows up on wifi list but never connects
Best Answer

I'm also having this problem.  Any solution?

Best Answer

Did you check log into your router settings to determine if the router is not only 802.11b capable but that the router currently is allowing the 802.11b protocol required by Aria?  When I switched to Time Warner my new router was set to 802.11n only.

Best Answer

It is hard to set up, but it works in the end. I have had to do it several times, changing networks. I found the answer somewhere, but can't find it again. However the trick is, when it shows your network on the scales and you want to change the network, it instructs you to 'TAP'

Tapping doesn't work, but a couple of hard pushes with your palm in the bottom corners of the scales does the trick.

I set the scales on my computer table when I set it up.

Good Luck

Best Answer

I am trying to set up aria useing an I phone 6 + I get the aria network on the phone and turn it on the computer said it connecting but never does. I have Hughes satillite system only. the computer, router, phone are all new  i follow the instrutions it just will not connect someone please help

Best Answer

Very disappointed in this product.. Wish that fitbit invested more $ in customer service instead of marketing.  Recommend that they hire/consult with SONOS regarding WiFI set up of products.  They have lost my support-- I will recommend others to try other vendors.  Sorry Fitbit.

Best Answer
to all  that sent ans for set up thank you I got it to setup it will take some time to see if I like the item
Best Answer

I am not changeing ANYTHING with my net work for this item. They need to SIMPLIFY the set--up prosess.

kenny
Best Answer

I spent several hours trying to configure my new Aria in a Windows 7 OS and in my Android phone. None worked until I used my wife's Macbook. The downloadable program did not work in any OS either as it executed all the steps except the 3rd and last one (reconnect to my home's WiFi).

The solution was to set it up manually through Fitbit's webpage with a Macbook.

Now it works fine but getting in touch with fitbit's support was never possible and the root cause is still a mistery.

Working product is great but support and bugs are... arghhhh....

Giving a second thought about getting the Surge for my wife and me.

Best Answer

I spent several hours trying to get my Aria set up this morning. I'm not sure, but I *think* the problem was that when I switched my smartphone to the Aria wi-fi, then hit "I'm connected", when the setup then detected available networks, my phone switched back to my home wi-fi by itself before the scale could set up (ie., it needed to still be connected to Aria wi-fi at that point).  After many failed attempts, I selected my home wifi connection on my phone, selected "forget" and connected to Aria wifi. Then it stayed connected to Aria wifi through the rest of the set up and I finally had success.  (Of course, when I went to reconnect my phone to my home wi-fi it took some time, because I had told it to "forget" that connection, but it finally worked.)

Best Answer

(877) 623-4997Mon - Fri: 4 am – 8 pm (Pacific Time)Sat - Sun: 6 am – 5 pm (Pacific Time)

Just have an hour available to be on hold. You may want to have access to your router as well (wireless networking was left off the marketing material).

Best Answer

I'm sending mine back. I didn't sign up for hours of troubleshooting connectivity issues.

Call support if you have the time.

(877) 623-4997Mon - Fri: 4 am – 8 pm (Pacific Time)Sat - Sun: 6 am – 5 pm (Pacific Time)

Just have an hour available to be on hold. You may want to have access to your router as well (wireless networking was left off the marketing material).

Best Answer

Hello,  I had to get a new modem and when I got through the setup process for my Aria, it does not connect.  going through the program or the web based app.  I'm able to pick Aria, then pick my network & enter my password then everything locks up.........HELP PLEASE

Best Answer