Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant connect to Aria WiFi

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Most people seem to struggle to connect to their home WiFi but mey problem is connecting to Arias WiFi. I have tried both setup methods. One with a laptop using the downloaded program & the mobile web page on a mobile phone with mobile data switched off as per other posts. I get as far as the devices unsuccessfully attempting to connect to the Aria's WiFi. With the laptop it eventually comes back with limited connection but then the step thereafter fails as there is no network connection apparently. With the phone, it gets as far as "Obtaining IP address" & thats as far as it goes till it gives up. My router is set to cover b, g & n. I've been through the help pages & YouTube videos but nothing seems to cover my experience. This is very frustrating for an expensive scale. Can anybody help or am I returning this tomorrow?
Best Answer
76 REPLIES 76

It seems impossible for me to reconnect my scale to the wifi. Every time I connect my laptop to the Aria wifi and try to "connect", the fitbit page just dies. Because there's no more internet? How is this suppose to work? I'm sitting directly next to the router and my computer and scale and the "simple" instructions produce the same downed page result every time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nbjerabek I noticed that you joined our Fitbit Community recently. Welcome aboard! I would like to follow up on the connection issues that you are experiencing with your Aria scale. Does the issue persist or was your Aria able to be set up?

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, there!

Thanks for the response. I installed the aria app on my mac and the
connection worked properly.

Thank you!

--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

@nbjerabek That's really good news! I'm so glad to hear that your Aria is working properly now. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board, where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everytime I try to connect to the Aria network it says "internet may not be available"  I've tried uninstalling the app and re-installing.  Nothing seems to make it connect.  It was working just fine until I got my new modem and router, at some point during one of the setup tries it did ask for my wifi network and password.  I'm at a loss.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@chack21414 Thank you for joining us in this thread! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not connecting to your new WiFi. Since you mentioned that you received a new router, please let me know what is the make and model. In the meantime, make sure that your the new router also runs the protocol 802.11b and bandwidth 2.4GHz. If you need help with these settings, please contact your Internet service provider and they'll guide you.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello JuanJoFitbit. i'm having the same problem as @chack21414. i get to Ariaxxxxxx, try to connnect and it gives me the message "internet may not be available".  when trying to connect nothing happens and it just can't connect.  Try Again!  

Looking forward to your response!  Man Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a pity.  I haven’t paid attention to this for months.  I have moved on with a Renpho.  Still, FitBit has new victims of their defective/antiquated product sold new. 

If you still have your receipt, return it while you can!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@thebull88 Welcome aboard to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry about the connections difficulties that your Aria scale is experiencing. Please let me know the following details: What is the make and model of your router? Have you made changes to your network (router, router settings or WiFi password)? Finally, make sure that your router runs the protocol 802.11b, bandwidth 2.4GHz.

@drmeiswinkel Thank you for your feedback.

Best Answer

Hi OLDGUY2 has Fitbit resolved your issue? I'm having the same problem, I'ver used my Aria for years with TWC and since moving to Vegas and having to switch to Cox Cable my Aria is useless. So Discouraged!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I'm not sure what works for you but I had to use an easier router password (no symbols) in order for it to work with this Aria. I don't know if that helps or not.

Moderator edit: removed personal info

"It is one of the most beautiful compensations of life that no person can
sincerely try to help another without helping themselves." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Best Answer
0 Votes
Are you able to log into your router and make changes such as channel
selection for 802.11b? I see now that FitBit has downloadable software
that is supposed to help with installation.

I was able to get my router working back in 2016 with the following info.
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Aria/Cant-connect-to-Aria-WiFi/m-p/1691431/highlight/true#M15739

The critical info is this:
*Please open your router settings and assign a unique wireless channel to
each of these two frequency bands, making sure that the channel used for
2.4 GHz is lower than the one chosen for 5 GHz. Also give the two frequency
bands individualized SSID names, so that you can specifically choose the
2.4 GHz SSID during the Aria setup process.*

Things may have changed since this worked for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem.  Super frustrating and frankly I’m sick of paying for junk that is overpriced & doesn’t work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you try the Fitbit installation software download?  I never used it but it might help.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please, unless you're being helpful - stop whining. You're cluttering my inbox and I can't figure out how to exit this conversation.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree completely.

I've had a fitbit Aria for many years. But only used it for a fraction of that time:

1. it's a complete pain to configure wifi:

a. it's DEAF and needs to be next to the router to find the wifi network

b. the scale firmware, iPhone app and web app are complete rubbish and hang or don't respond during setup. This has been on multiple devices, computers, operating systems, you name it.

2. when you finally get it to configure to your wifi network, usually it will eventually work after several hours of repeating the configuration procedure, it will work for a while like a few days and then it will start staying on after weight-in. The great thing about that is it runs the battery down which means you get to go through the while wifi configuration night mare all over again.

3. the really great thing is you don't buy one of these unless you have a need either health or fitness NEED. They cost so much you're reluctant to give up and when you do just about give up, it will work for a little while.

When you look at internet comments owner can quickly figure out this is a common experience. I would expect the manufacturer would have been getting this feedback, would have quantified the extent of the issue and would have either concluded it has a usability issue, a firmware issue, a software issue, a hardware issue or a combination of them.

Fitbit has an inherent link to owner through the application software and e-mail addresses, clearly Fitbit is not aware of this issue.

I'm sure Aria 2 was introduced to provide the lean/ regular BMI function and not because the Aria product had latent defects. Although one would have though a simple BMI offset could have been downloaded in a firmware update to Aria owners during the brief times there equipment was online and function correctly that is.

It's very possible my problems are due to user error and the product is fine, fitbit has had no indication that customers are having issues and nothing other the BMI function changed between Aria and Aria 2. Regardless, I'll never buy a fitbit product again and take every opportunity I get to tell others of my experience.

I've given up for tonight but tomorrow night...

i'll spend a few hours and trying and configure wifi again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, how do you do this?  So frustrating!  Thanks so much.

Best Answer
0 Votes