Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Aria 1 recognising users as guest or wrong user

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi folks, 

Seen several similar issues here but no solution has worked to date, wondering if anyone has any more ideas?

been using the Aria 1 daily for years without issue. Recently though me and another user have been dieting, so weights have changed; and now recognised me as Guest, and other user either as Guest or as me (despite there being a significant difference)

we can manually reassign the weights through the dashboard, and that’s what we now do daily. However, obviously want it to recognise properly. Based on previous posts we have :-

manually updated profiles on dashboard, and then weighed 3 times;

done the same taking the batteries out for 15 seconds then doing the same;

weighing and manually allocated 25 times in a row;

reset and gone through initial setup again;

cleaned all surfaces and repeated

...but to no avail. I know we could delete all accounts and start from scratch, but there’s many years of data there that I do want to keep

Anything else I should be trying?

thanks,

Sandy

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

When the wrong initials appear on the scale, tap hard on the lower right corner until the correct initials appear.

Best Answer

@SandyJM Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale keeps recognizing your user as "Guest" even though you have tried the recommended troubleshooting steps.

I would like to follow up and would like you to know if the issue persists or if the issue got resolved after trying the advice that shared my friend @SunsetRunner, which is also a recommended step in order to reassign your weights to your user.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly no. It’s not wrong initials, it just says GUEST; and no amount of pressing, stamping or jumping changes that. 

Official response from from support email suggests repeating weighing  and manual allocation for 5 days. We’ve been doing that for weeks, but will do it for 5 days again and report back

Best Answer

@SandyJM Thank you for getting back and trying all the recommended troubleshooting steps. I was able to get in touch with our Support team and was told that they were handling your case via email. Since the issue persists, please reply to their last email and they will be happy to follow up and provide a solution.

Don't hesitate to get back if you need further assistance! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

My scale is showing the wrong initials and I tried tapping on the lower right corner and nothing happened. Is there something else I can do  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have fitbit Aria 2 and same problem with recognising GUEST. I wish you answered to the previous message on the community board for everyone to learn!

Best Answer

I agree!

Sandy, can you tell us what happened? I'm having the same issue. Nothing is working. Seems like a lot of people have this issue. I don't understand why they don't put the answer out there for everyone to see! What did you have to do? Did it ever get fixed?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I have the same problem and have tried tapping but no luck. Have anyone been able to figure this out?

Best Answer

I have the same problem.  It displays the other person's name in the family for me.  For him it displays guest.  I have corrected the names for the weights in the account, but it keeps doing the same thing all the time.  It does not learn the weights of the individual people so as to display the correct name.

Best Answer