Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Aria shows no internet connection as of 8/10/22

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My aria was working and syncing properly as of 8/9/2022 at 10:03 am. On 8/10/22, I got the no wi-fi symbol at the bottom of the display. The software version is 39. I have spent over an hour trying to connect it back up to the network it was previously connected to with no results except NETWORK ERR. It sees the network, it tries to join the network but errors out and goes back to SETUP ACTIVE mode. I have pulled the batteries time and time again and also replaced them although they were fairly new. I also tried another 2G network on our router but got the same results. I have to think there was a firmware update that has a problem much like the one from about a year ago. When was version 39 released? Thank you for your assist. 

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

My problem with Aria is somewhat similar, but also different.  I just moved from one province to another in early August and my Aria has not worked correctly since then.  This is my first move where I had to change the wifi.  At first it did still show my weight, but it did not transfer it to the app.  Finally I realized that it wasn't connected to the new wifi and started trying to get it to sinc - but even though I followed the instructions (again & again), it still would not sinc and now it doesn't even take my weight - just shows ERR.  When I do the battery take out and put back it shows it is still wanting to connect to my old wifi.  I miss having my Aria working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. The last I synced was aug 10th. I have tried everything and can't get it back online. 

Best Answer

My Aria began acting up, so I searched for troubleshooting solutions, ending up with sticking a pin in the reset button to reset the scale and start over.  When I went in the app to set it up as a new device, I selected “Aria” and it tells me “We’ve discontinued software updates for this device.  Certain features may not work as expected.”  Based on the volume of similar complaints, I get the feeling all of our Aria scales didn’t just happen to wear out at the same time.  I wasted time and 2 new sets of batteries trying to get this thing working again only to discover it’s evidently a company inflicted mass obsolescence.  I’m throwing my Aria in the trash and will start searching for a replacement, but it won’t be a Fitbit product.

Best Answer

Thanks MarlnLr - I had planned on just leaving it alone for a couple of weeks before trying again, but now that I know it is just dead (thanks fitbit), I will do the same and throw it away.  I was getting suspicious about so many that just quit working at the same time, so I'm glad you figured it out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, I just spent the last week trying to reconnect my Aria as well, hours and hours resetting, deleting and reinstalling app!  Yesterday I spent about an hour on chat with an agent, had me troubleshoot, no results.  Said it would be passed on to next level support and to expect an email, nothing yet.  This morning I contacted my network provider, spent another on the phone with them as I have recently switched over from high speed to fiber internet, figured that was the problem.  No luck there either.  Then I stumble on this page, and I see we're all having the same problem!  My scale still works, just doesn't load to my Fitbit App.  Grrrr ....  Not happy as an unemployed senior due to Covid, I don't have the income for another $100+ scale!

Best Answer

Edit: I was actually able to get mine reconnected, but it’s still behaving erratically.  Step on it and it repeatedly flashes “STEP OFF” over & over, finally showing a weight, or sometimes “ERR.”  Sometimes it won’t ever shut off, and it occasionally comes on without being touched.  Already eating through another set of batteries.  I’ve given up and ordered a Wyze brand scale from Amazon that will sync to the Fitbit app.  It currently has a coupon that can be applied making the price only $24 for the black one.

Best Answer

Same problem, same version, same efforts without succes. My last sync was 6-9-2022

very unhappy 😞

Best Answer