Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix for Aria connection issue with Xfinity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I found a work around to get my Aria scale to work with Xfinity modem.  This won't help everyone but in case it does, you're welcome.  I have an Apple Time Capsule that doubles has a wireless router.  With the help of IT at Xfinity, they turned off the wireless function with their modem allowing me to use my Time Capsule to connect wirelessly.  I then synced up my Aria scale on the first try.  My scale is now running like it used to.  Obviously people can't go out and buy a Time Capsule but maybe there is a wireless router you can buy that is cheap that will run the settings needed for the Aria scale.  That being said, I did fill out a complaint form at the Better Business Bureau. It's absolutely ridiculous that Fitbit has no fix for this problem.  A problem that has been ongoing for over 2 years.  I've been communicating with Fitbit via Twitter private message.  See below for their pitiful response.  When my Fitbit Charge 2 and Aria scale dies, i will not buy another Fitbit product.  This company is dead to me and I will badmouth their company to everyone I know.  

Here is Fitbits sorry excuse for an apology and a slap in the face that they won't fix their product.  Basically everyone has a 3 pound paperweight.  Enjoy.  

We appreciate all your efforts in this, Brian. Apologies for the inconvenience and we appreciate your feedback. Definitely not what we expect. Please note that we're always working to improve our products and services. However, we are unable to provide replacement but our team is doing our best to fix the concern. We'll surely take note of this. Thanks for understanding. If you have further questions, feel free to ask.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

What is the WiFi version the modem supplied by Xfinity provide? 

Best Answer

It's a Arris Model TG1682G. Xfinity changed modems and frequency from the previous modem.  I did find a work around using my Apple Time Capsule as my wifi router. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

And if a user doesn't have a time capsule any older used router could be used. Or a cheap WiFi spot. 

It is not easy, but possible, to setup to the phones hotspot. 

Best Answer