Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Aria accuracy

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought and set up my Aria about a week ago. I immeidately noticed that it was reporting my weight about 2-2.5lbs lower than my existing scale. 

Doing an experiement, I placed a 25lb. dumbell on each scale getting 10 readings each. My old scale reported 25.0 -25.1 lbs each time. The Aria reported 23.1 - 23.3 lbs. each time. Since the dumbell is a known weight, to me the Aria is about 7% below what it should be.

I've read elsewhere on these forums about how an individual's weight can vary and how the Aria can report a variance of about 2lbs. In this case, I'm looking at a static weight  in the dumbell. 

While I can understand that I guess, what I have a problem with is consistent underreporting that I am seeing.  

Has anyone else done this type of experiement or observed something similar?

Cheers

Best Answer
178 REPLIES 178
Take it back, or ensure you are still on planet earth!
Best Answer

Excuse me? Take your comment somewhere else if you don’t mind I didn’t ask you to comment 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I sincerely apologize @Dazlad if I’ve offended you in any way.

My comment was via email and I was trying to reply to @Jessica598 and endorse the comment that the Aria was probably broken that was off by 100lbs.

I’m not sure how the email reply link matches the threads or the replies but I never meant to offend you in anyway or reply directly to your post.

My experience over the last 4 years, 2 Arias, and 2 other electronic scales is that, none I’ve been able to afford are accurate, when compared to a balance scale. (Old technology and not electronic)

I have been able to map a trend with the Aria, it integrates with my Fitbit that also gave me trend data and I personally found that valuable.

Again my apologies @Dazlad. These journeys are personal and in no way or fashion was my feeble attempt at humor comment about what I saw as a broken Aria directed at anyone’s journey.
Best Answer

I recently got a FitBit Aria to augment my FitBit based weight loss target. I found most of this thread's comments about the inaccuracy of Aria is **ahem** accurate.

My old school mechanical scale (used in hospitals) shows 180 pounds while Aria tries to pleasure me by showing the same me (at the same time) as 176 LB. So, I have started showing my wife the Aria metrics while I secretly find myself at the same weight on my other Old School Scale. Thanks Aria for converting our wallets into the sources of an early electronic junk piles.

Scale: Aria 2 - Upgrade from Aria
Tracker: Sense from Versa 2 from Charge 3 from Alta
Read my Health Journey, please rant, suggest, comment on this: https://tinyurl.com/iGotHealthy
Best Answer
Haha.. this made me chuckle! Glad I’m not the only one

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Aria scale "pleasures you"!? If that's true, suggest you use it for "pleasuring" yourself rather than for weight management, hehe, Otherwise, just add pounds you know are off. I use mine to track against calories in the Fitbiit app--so I don't have to log them manually each time then set weight loss target for 2-3 pounds more to account for inaccuracy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you find anything better.  I am at a point of just trashing mine but I don't want to end up down the same path with another brand!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Honestly I just gave up for a long time. Then magically one day my weight
started loading to MFP again 🤷🏻‍:female_sign:

Bug fix I bet!! Kathryn
--
Kathryn...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually, I started accepting(or living) it and continue to use it(like a good husband) 🙂 

Regardless of if its relative(to the other manual scale with me)accurate or not, its accurate with itself.

In other words, if my real weight is 175 lb on my manual scale/hospitals scale, this cute lady Aria shows me 170lb(thats why I called her cute 😉 ). But it measures my weight daily correctly with that delta of 5 lbs. Thus, I continued to use this scale daily (wifi connected) with that Parallax Error. So, I dont trash it at this moment. 🙂 

Scale: Aria 2 - Upgrade from Aria
Tracker: Sense from Versa 2 from Charge 3 from Alta
Read my Health Journey, please rant, suggest, comment on this: https://tinyurl.com/iGotHealthy
Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope unfortunately not

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I compared my Aria weight to 2 other scales at home, and it was only 2 pounds lower, so I'm okay with that. 5 pounds is a lot! I stand straight and stare forward at the wall and move scale around to weigh 2-3 times.  Fitbit app will report the average of every weight taken the same day.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try Nokia body cardio scale. It ya way better features that Fitbit scale.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried sitting on it bare **ahem**? If that doesn’t work.. see if you can shove it up your rectum.

Best Answer

Best response of the bunch!!! 😂

My scale randomly decided NOT to connect to MFP anymore or show up on WiFi even though it’s still talking to Fitbit.  Go figure.  I’m ready to shove it up someone else’s rectum since I’m not feeling too masochistic these days!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, Matthew ... darlin ... I just went to a medical weight loss doctor AND dietician and YOUR scale keeps showing me at 44.3% and 44.7% body fat while their TWO THOUSAND DOLLAR equipment only shows me at 37.4%. So how do you explain THAT major error??? Do you realize that mistakes like these can cause people with body dysmorphia and eating disorders to have set backs??? So maybe think about THAT before you come back with your lame @$$ excuses as to why things don’t work right. At this point I can’t even get your stupid app to log my FOOD intake and I’m considering going with either Apple or Android and using the LoseIt app again. I PAY for premium service and get crap.

Best Answer
Half the the time Aria reports my weight to MyFitnessPal and then randomly-
even though the display says it’s a-ok- nothing gets logged🤷🏻‍:female_sign:
--
Kathryn...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Scales have to be on a hard surface. Weight will be inaccurate if placed on a carpet surface.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I hate my Aria, wow I said it...
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry, but mine has ALWAYS been on uncarpeted bathroom floor but is STILL
inaccurate/
Best Answer
0 Votes