Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Aria 2 screen doesn't light up

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my new Aria 2 scale this week, after setting it up, connecting to wifi, etc and figuring out how to use it I got my first reading and it synced to my fitbit app.  

Today I went to step on the scale and the screen didn't light up, I stepped off and back on, now it's flashing the lit screen but blank on and off.    My app shows it was synced and online but it won't turn on to register a weight.

Wondering if this scale is really worth it.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@cmyway Welcome to our Fitbit Community! Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with your Aria scale since its display is not working properly.

If you haven't done so, please restart it by taking out the batteries. After this, clean the contacts (where the batteries are placed) with a cotton swab and a little bit of alcohol. This will remove any dust that the contacts may accumulate. Finally, try a new set of batteries and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

@cmyway Welcome to our Fitbit Community! Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with your Aria scale since its display is not working properly.

If you haven't done so, please restart it by taking out the batteries. After this, clean the contacts (where the batteries are placed) with a cotton swab and a little bit of alcohol. This will remove any dust that the contacts may accumulate. Finally, try a new set of batteries and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay - new batteries seems to have fixed the problem. I guess the
batteries you supply are really just place holders because they only lasted
1 day.

I will see how it is in a week from now...  still trying to understand how it all works with all of the icons on the screen, foot prints, bars, arrows in a circular motion, etc.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cmyway I'm so glad to hear that your Aria 2 came back to life after trying a new set of batteries. Thank you for posting the update here and your feedback.

Regarding your question about the icons that your Aria 2 displays, please check out this help article, which explains what the icons mean.

Let me know if you have more questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much I just got my aria working again with an alcohol swab. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lisatw, I'm sorry for the late response. However, let me welcome you to our Fitbit forums.

I'm so glad to hear that you managed to get your Aria 2 back to life. Thank you for posting the update here.

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, 

I have the same problem and changing new batteries and cleaning the contacts didn't help. Anything else I can do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @rogelioamancisi, thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria 2 won't turn on even though you have replaced the batteries and cleaned the contacts.

Due to this, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

I'll be around if any question arises.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What was the outcome?

I am having the same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Robertone1970, thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community. Since the screen of your Aria 2 is unable to turn on either, please try taking out the batteries, After this, clean the contacts with a cotton swab and a little bit of alcohol. Finally, put a new set of batteries and see if it comes back to life.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello I have already tried these fixes but the problem still exists?
Robert

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit could not help me. This is a well-known problem (just google it and see the number of comments referring to the same issue) and the customer support simply tell me that the guarntee period was over. My scale actually stoped working at all some weeks ago, so I hope your guarantee period is still valid a you get new scale. 

Very poor customer support I should say. 

Best Answer

I have the same issue and was told that my scale was out of warranty so there’s nothing that they can do. Not happy with Fitbit at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. I have tried all of the solutions you listed, but it still isn’t working 

Best Answer
0 Votes