Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original Aria stopped syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

just realized that my Fitbit aria stopped working. This is like a planned obsolete from Fitbit side. The scale is working perfectly fine. Just no longer sync with the Fitbit server. When I opened the app, it says that the product is discounted, certain feature may not work. 

well can I ask for a refund. I purchased the equipment with the intent to sync it with my Fitbit account. 

now I will tell all my friend that they should ditch Fitbit product. Because I brought this expensive scale $200 at that time and now a feature gets removed?

great way to treat your customer

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

It is not exactly the the Aria stopped working.  As you said, the scale still works but cannot any more connect to Fitbit via wi-fi.  The wi-fi protocols have kept changing, which I do realize can be frustrating.   Perhaps you have gotten a new router since it used to work.  But that's what happens with technology.  If you have an older phone that still uses 3G network, your phone is going to stop working this year, at least in U.S. because they now use faster and more efficient network types.  Would you be justified to sue your phone manufacturer for not supporting 5G when it didn't even exist when your phone was made?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

The scale is connected to the wifi, it is literally saying wifi connected! After attempts to sync, it then says No SYNC. This means that it is likely a server side error. I am comfortable with wifi technology and I am aware that 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n should work with ARIA.  I left it in comparability mode for this purpose. The router is the same as I have been using for years. 

the comparison with 5G is just wrong. 

Best Answer
WHY do you think I mentioned 5G???

I'm saying that I cannot connect to the scale with my phone - EVER.

Charles Linquist
Best Answer
It is supposed to connect to my iPhone using 2.4GHz.  WiFi.  But it doesn't.
Best Answer

We've got an original Aria and it syncs just fine with my android phone.  I have been contemplating upgrading to a newer model, but the old one does all I want it to do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would think that the company would leave the last appropriate software update in place and then just remove the product from its in-house research and production lines. All support would stop except the last levels of service. For those of us that still use and have functioning equipment we would be pleased but not turn off functioning equipment still in use and functioning, Please take the time to allow those that still have and use the purchased equipment until the end of life not the end of service. This is a cancel culture decision you have made and it saddens me to think I supported Fitbit in any way when you were having problems with your straps. But now you abandoned us and a product we still use, Michael.

Best Answer

Mr. Row wow. you really have no grasp of the level of this conversation do you. My 900 Mghz phone still works (circa 1999) that because the product had a network it was designed for and phone companies are required to make their products compatible with aging tech. by law. you company has no such restrictions and therefor can be slimy with their practices and policies. The Aria scale communicated with the home (you) via my WiFi and then to the internet in my home and then out to your servers where information was stored and accessed via the fit-bit app. So why not redesign a downloadable software that stored that interface on a local system and cut the informational need for your servers out. Customer would remain happy and you would not be involved to make up uneducated answers to a level of such incompetence. I respectfully think that your company has practiced a planned obsolete event and should be held to the letter of the law. What ever that may be. Sorry just my Opinion as an owner of an Aria.

Your company has removed original functionality of the product from point of purchase and not sought to repair or refund those still using you product.

Shame on the policy makers and owners that did not fight for the purchasers that fund the company.

Best Answer

My original Aria scale stopped working, all it says now is sensing, step off, ERR.

I discovered this when trying to change my wifi as I got a new provider. 

I have successfully changed my wifi to Bell, but the scale won't work which leads me to believe that because Fitbit is no longer doing software updates, this is the reason for the ERR message.

It's a shame because my Aria scale is perfectly good, but because Fitbit won't do software updates, it's useless.

Shame on you Fitbit...bad for the environment as I now will have to throw this piece of useless equipment in the garbage.

Best Answer