Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Aria

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all,

just wanted to get some feedback on the Aria scale. A few of my friends had the scale and they all stopped working. I really don't want to spend the money and have it die on me. 

I have some some quality trust issues with Fitbit. Seeing as my charge HR fell apart(and literally everyone I know had one break on them), just like every single Fitbit users'. Very nice that they replaced it free with no questions because Fitbit knows they were crap. 

Im hoping the warranty on the scale will be as good as the charge HR.  Otherwise I won't buy it.

Maybe I can be persuaded otherwise?  But knowing what know about Fitbit m having a hard time buying their products again. If this charge hr band I'm wearing wasn't free I would be wearing something else. 

Moderator Edit: All-caps

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

I wouldn't buy it.  Mine became faulty after it was out of warranty with a fault experienced by hundreds of others on the forum (won't turn off, uses up all the batteries) and after a series of shoddy, cut and paste emails from customer service I was offered a Fitbit premium membership.  No thanks, just want a product that works and doesn't have useless customer service.

Best Answer

My scale has now failed.  They suggested a reset with the batteries which did no good at all. They suggested the floor wasn't level (not the problem!). 

My wife and I have had 3 fit bits each within a year.  Different models. I'm not suprised that the scales failed too.  This company has serious reliability issues and it's time this was made more public and they either fixed it or left the market all together.

Really disapointing dealing with fitbit.

Best Answer

Can anyone tell me, if the scale stops working after 6 months, am I hooped? Or has anyone here had luck with getting a replacement?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Depends on the consumer protection legislation where you live.  If in EU you can make a claim from the place where you bought them for at least two years after purchase. I wouldn't have any hopes re the company's own warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't bother to buy it. I'm on the phone with customer service at this moment. My Aria died on me. Because the scale is over a year old they will not replace it. Its a very expensive scale to get only a year or two use out of it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wouldn't buy the Aria scale at all.  Mine stopped working suddenly, with no warning-- gets the ERR screen code and cannot be reset at all-- have tried everything recommended.  It seems to work until just past the warranty replacement time and then you're S.O.L.  I'm very disappointed.  I've had a FitBit now for several years-- my first had to be replaced 3 times and my latest Surge, has been replaced twice.  For the money, I'm going to stop being silly and just buy a product that has better reliability and customer service. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm with the other posters. Don't buy

My aria's stopped working after 3 years (so it's a year out of the two year warranty) - goes through the ' step off... thinking... err' cycle

Fitbit's troubleshooting on the customer service chat was basically: are you using old batteries, and is it on a level surface. Then they said tough luck, nothing we can do. There's no further troubleshooting or more advanced ways of figuring out and fixing the problem - there just doesn't seem to be any way of doing proper debugging on the system or resolving anything remotely.

And, worse still, they said they don't have any repair centres - for scales or for watches.

They don't offer anything at all if your product is out of warranty. Obviously, that's legally correct - but as a customer, even if there's no refund or  exchange, I'd have expected at least some contribution to helping it be repaired, or a discount or something to try to make you think the company is worth staying with.

You can chuck it in the bin, and spend the next few years telling your friends to avoid the company. That's what I'm doing.

Best Answer