Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria WIFI Err with set up

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been trying to set up my scales.  I go through almost the whole process until its trying to connect to WIFI and then a "WIFI ERR" shows up on the scales.  I have checked my settings on my modem and it is on WPA2 PSK.  I have also reset the modem more then once and tried the set up various times with no sucess.  Does this have something to do with my modem?  I have never had so many issues trying to set up one of my devices and I am considering just returning your item as I didnt realise I would have so many issues (obviously I dont want to return it).  Can anyone shed any light on this issue?

Best Answer
357 REPLIES 357

This is great info, and I think this is my problem.  Thanks for the post, appreciated.

But my whole house is set up on WPA-2PSK.  Televisions, Tablets, Phones, Printers on and on....now I have to drop password security to my whole house?

I dont think there is an excuse from FitBit for not having more "recent" wifi security protocals, because all/most the protocals were invented BEFORE the Aria.   So Fitbit either went cheap with thier wifi device internal to Aria or below off these obvious protocals in the spec sheet.

Either way... the Aria goes back tomorrow.  And unfotunately the two Fit Bit HR I bought and likely to go back too.....what a JOKE.    Been on hold with help for over 35 min while I searched the discussion boards.

Best Answer

Hey guys @MCollins @urbane_cowboy @Xavier68 @ItsAusten @Wicked0wl @mschmitz @whatever1 @m_didus_falco @BFinPhoenix, hope you're doing great! 

If you have tried what @SunsetRunner has shared here, but your Aria is still not connecting I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support directly so they can give you a hand on this.

Don't forget to mention the steps you've done so far to avoid getting the same ones. You'll be in good hands. 

Have a nice start of the week! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I spoke to Fitbit support today, and the solution for me was so simple it made me cry.

The answer to allow the Aria to reconnect to a new WiFi network is actually to delete the Aria users from your account which has the effect of 'un-pairing' your Aria which will then allow it to connect to a new WiFi network. Please note that this operation is NOT possible via the IOS or Android mobile apps which do not have this functionality, so it has to be done via a browser on the Fitbit web site by logging into your account.

Just login and enter settings. Select your Aria from your device list and then click the 'x' against each and all users of the scale. When the list is empty, your aria should be removed from your device list automatically.

At this point you can then run the normal setup procedure to add a new Aria, which will take you through the process of logging onto your Aria itself via WiFi, and connecting it to your house WiFi again.

This worked flawlessly for me with NO special WiFi settings. I only have an alphanumeric WiFi passcode on my router so you may need this but I don't think it matters.

I also didn't have to disable ANY security settings at all, it just works.

You will not lose any previously synchronised weight measurements.

Until I did this - my Aria was flatly refusing to connect at all despite trying all the suggested 'solutions' I could find on the community forum.

Please let me know if it helps you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Music to my ears @AaronPlant, I'm so glad to hear that after contacting Fitbit Support the issue was solved. 

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community, so you can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

I'm pretty sure this will help others! 

Cheers up! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the problem when you get a new modem and it is assigned a password...... so my scale will never work. Perhaps Fitbit needs to warn consumrs and longterm users? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally got it working....happy now...much grief along the way...get a better set up....

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
You can change the password you are given...but it's a pain. Look on the modem for the access code to go into settings. I didn't know how, either...but figures it out.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Thank you I'll try that. Fingers crossed......

Sent from Outlook
Best Answer

@TMacMeyer I would like to follow up on this and would like to know if the tips that my friend @whatever1 shared helped you to get the issue sorted out.

@BFinPhoenix I'm so glad to hear that you resolved the setup issue. Thanks for keeping the update posted here. I'd like to invite you to visit our "Discussions" board, where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

If more questions arise, let me know my friends! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the same reasons mine is headed to the bottom of my pool...absolute crap product...I got sicked in again with another poorly designed tech product from fitbit...never again.

Sorry man....if you want to build and sell a consumer product to average consumers dont expect them to then 

1) Find a tech guy

2) PAy a tech guy...dont know whay you mean by service provider??? not sure about you but I simply went to a store bought a router plugged it in..set up the netowrk and it worked in 15 minutes,

3) Then change around  a whole network to just connect your scales.

Why not tell people this on the box before they buy....

Another Fitbit disappointment...I got fooled for the second time with your products. There won't be a third time.

Thanks...I will fly all the way back to Singapore airport to return it.

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

Facing the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried this. Didn't work. 😫
Best Answer
0 Votes

A much simpler solution worked for me... moving the scales physically closer to my router. They couldn't do the setup when in another area of the house (despite implying full signal strength), but were fine when in the same room. Once setup was complete I moved them back upstairs and syncing has been fine in the weeks since, it was just the initial setup that gave me trouble.

Well, it was all fine until we changed router, and then after a couple of days it randomly stopped being able to connect to the internet to sync, even though it was on wifi fine, but that's another story 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Using only letters in the wifi name fixed my issue.  I went one step further and put only letters in the password.  I also only used a digit ssid.  Previously i had my "<name>-2.4" and it would not connect.  I kept the security level the same, just used a longer password that i had before.  My password FWIW is 9 characters and it worked first after making changes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! I was struggling with this bloody thing for ages and the only way it would work was if I disabled my wifi security when doing it via the website. No way I'm doing that (and nobody else should do that either, or use WEP, WEP is fundamentally flawed and is useless).

Using this tool it worked with a Wifi SSID with special characters and spaces and also worked with WPA2 PK straight away with no issues. This is the best solution.

https://www.fitbit.com/nl/setup/aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can this be the top voted answer?

This is not a coherent sentence:

"If you're getting this wifi err when setting up your scale, I would recommend which is the Protocol that your router uses."

As a consequence it doesn't solve anything.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Take all numbers, spaces, and special characters out of the wifi SSID and
password.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This wasn't the issue. I had to plug in an old router and use that.
Unfortunately the scale hasn't been very future proof.

--
Thanks,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

My scale would not connect after changing the batteries.  It had been working fine before the batteries died, so I knew it should still work fine.  I contacted Fitbit support, and they walked me through setup, and then told me that the scale must have gone bad since it wouldn't connect with the WiFi Err message.

Since I didn't think it made sense that dead batteries would kill the scale, I spent some time playing with different settings to try to solve the problem. What finally worked for me was to force my wireless AP to use a specific channel.  (I forced the AP to channel 11 for the 11N/B/G radio.)  Adding this here in the hopes it helps someone else working to solve this aggrevating error.  

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes