Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria WIFI Err with set up

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been trying to set up my scales.  I go through almost the whole process until its trying to connect to WIFI and then a "WIFI ERR" shows up on the scales.  I have checked my settings on my modem and it is on WPA2 PSK.  I have also reset the modem more then once and tried the set up various times with no sucess.  Does this have something to do with my modem?  I have never had so many issues trying to set up one of my devices and I am considering just returning your item as I didnt realise I would have so many issues (obviously I dont want to return it).  Can anyone shed any light on this issue?

Best Answer
357 REPLIES 357

Have the same issue as everyone else.

This was working fine for several months. I upgraded my router to a Linksys WRT 3200 and did not notice that for the past month it was not syncing.

Tried everything I could turning off the 5g wifi and making sure my password was correct. I assumed that the Aria was defective. So I replaced it with a new one.

Same issue right out of the box. Called their support and they went through some things with me and said they would send me another one. They said since I purchased it from a 3rd party (BestBuy) that they have no idea how the unit was treated and it may have been bumped or dropped. 

Just for kicks I put my old router back which is an older linksys model. And the aria connected just fine. I put my new one back and same issue. Would not connect.

You would think it was a problem with the router I would say no. I have 15 other devices that connect to this thing all day long with no issues.

So I am not going to waist any time and have this one replaced. This is 2 of these things that is not working. And my router supports 802.11b

FitBit Please FIX THIS ISSUE so I don't have to change.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Aria was unable to detect any WiFi networks when I first attempted to set it up. I read that the Aria would only work with 2.4Ghz (b) networks, not the 5Ghz (n) network I was using. I switched my wireless router to 2.4Ghz and the Aria was able to see the network, but everytime it attempted to join it got the message WIFI ERR. I realized that although my wireless router was set to 2.4Ghz, it still had an option for "802.11n mode = Auto" so I set that to "Off" and the Aria was able to connect.

After it took me two hours to get this to work, I didn't want to leave my home network on 2.4Ghz just for the Aria because 2.4Ghz is more congested and slower than 5Ghz. Unfortunately my wireless router only supports one or the other, not both at the same time. I realized I could use my iPhone as a Hotspot and let the Aria connect to that because that works in 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. That worked like a charm and the Aria has no issues connecting to it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This should not be the accepted solution.  It is missing VITAL information that the SSID and the password CANNOT contain special characters.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same frustrations. Totally inadequate implementation.

1. No spaces or non-alphanumeric characters in the password or SSID
  2. Must only be Wireless B on 2.4 GHz – no combo, no nothing.

Ugh.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After reading the whole thread, I figured that the error happens when the SSID of the network has symbols or special characters, instead of only letters and numbers (it has nothing to do with the 802.11b/g/n protocol). 

In my case, the network SSID used to be **IAN**

When I changed the name of the network to IAN it synced right away.

Best Answer

so how do you change on a router that is provided by internet provider with a preset password?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You must login to your router and change the ssid and password.

Typically it is http://192.168.1.1 for default router and a combination of
user/password: admin/admin admin/blank, blank/admin should be able to
google it based on brand and provider

--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
thanks so much!
Best Answer
0 Votes

All I had to do is step B of what you provided on the 2.4 GHz and it worked. For some reason, I think there just needs to be a change in the to the WIFI settings. So I bet I could have changed anything on the 2.4 GHz. It is almost like Aria is bored and needs a change in her life. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried 10 times and keep getting wifi err when trying to connect. I contacted my network provider and verified it is configured for protocol 80211.b. They said I have the most advanced router that is compatible with that as well as others. What else can I do? I've never had so much trouble setting up a device and I'm very frustrated 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Remove your special characters, spaces, and numbers from your SSID name and
from your password.

--

Best Answer

My Aria stopped connecting with my wifi last Thursday.  It has worked beautifully for over a year now.  I have checked my computer settings and found that my modem uses Protocol 802.11n (instead of Protocol 802.11b).  This is the same computer, modem, and iPhone I have been using with success.  Can you help me?   Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Most modems have the option to do dual modes 802.11n/b. If it was working
on N mode before then. You could maybe try it on B mode. or dual option.

--

Best Answer
0 Votes

What?! How do I do that? Won't I have to reset up everything at my house if I change that though???? This is very frustrating... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, you would have to reenter your password on any device connected to the
wifi. most devices prompt you with a list of SSIDs that are available.

you login to the router typically by http://192.168.1.1 enter username and
password, typically admin/admin or some combination, you can usually google
per model number.

--

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't do this. We have far too many devices I would have to reset up and two of them are hard NOT near as hard as this but. It worth it. I was SO excited about this scale. How ridiculous. 😞 I'm so sad and so mad right now. 

Best Answer

Thanks so much, this worked!

Best Answer

I had the same problem! Turned out to be the router setting was NOT 802.11b! I changed that by logging into my Comcast Xfinity router at 10.0.0.1 and changed the 2.4Ghz setting to 802.11b/g/n instead of g/n. 

Best Answer

Can't thank you enough for taking the time to post this answer. After hours of trying to track down and figure out my problem I came across you post and it fixed my problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fantastic! It took me a while too. The jets I fix are all network based these days as well. Thank god these problems don't occur!
Best Answer
0 Votes