Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria, connected, no internet

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We have upgraded our wifi and now I can't get the scales on it. I have followed the instructions for 3 days now and all I can get on the wifi on my phone is 'connected, no internet' how do I get the aria to pick up the Internet?

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

@AliEllis It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to help you and find out why your Aria scale is not connecting with your new WiFi. I would just like to now a couple of details: What is the brand of your new router? Is your router using the protocol 802.11b? Does your WiFi password contain special characters?

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a new AT&T router and I get the wifi setting.... connected, no internet.  There are special characters in password.  

Best Answer

i cant connect to aria network. my password contained special characters. help

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Danno1 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I was able to get in touch with our Support team and was told that they contacted you via email. Did they provide a solution?

@yenjoe Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! Let me help you with the setup issues you've experienced with your Aria scale. Since you mentioned that your password contain special characters, please try another password since the Aria scale doesn't connect to routers that contain special characters. After you've changed the password, please try the setup process one more time.

See you around guys! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My previous password contained special characters and I had no problem initially setting up the scale.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DebraJLaFlam Welcome aboard to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria is not connecting to your network either. Are you getting any error message when trying to connect your Aria scale? What is the make and model of your router? This info will help me to assist you accordingly.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Would  love some help with this too.

Best Answer

I'd love help too.  tp-link router.  No special characters in router password.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

My scales don't work ever since we moved.  The instructions DO NOT reconnect my aria.  I have an XFinity router and no special characters in my password and EVERY time I go through the instructions, I can connect to the Aria, and it tells me no Internet.  When I then try to find my home network, nothing comes up to connect to, because I am connected to my Aria which has no internet.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • Me too
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! Just thought I'd pop what worked for me in here, because I couldn't find the answer anywhere. It seems so obvious now, but I realised that I was trying to set up the Aria scale using my laptop, but switching to the Aria device network on my phone. I should have been switching to the Aria network on my laptop, since that's where I was doing the setup process. Once I figured that out, the setup went smoothly 🙂 Hope this helps someone else!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not sure what I am doing wrong...I follow instructions. It goes to setup, I choose Aria network, then I am supposed to choose my network, but it doesn't come up because I am no longer connected to it because I am connected to Aria, which says connected, no internet.  But if I go back and choose my network to connect back to the internet, then Aria says it can't complete the set up.  How do I connect to Aria without unconnecting to my internet?  So frustrated. 

Best Answer