Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria has stopped syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Nothing has changed with Wifi. It synced a week ago and suddenly stopped syncing. All requirements for wifi protocol and password are correct. I have tried about 20x now over the last 2 days to reconnect with wifi. All I get is wifi err! My iPhone sees the Aria scale and the home wifi but they just won't talk to each other!

I have even tried new batteries in the dang brick of a thing. Very frustrating. Fitbit devices seem to run fine one minute and crash the next for no rhyme or reason. My Fitbit Charge HR died just over a month ago. Customer service was very swift to replace that item.

Anyone have any ideas?
Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

Wonderful troubleshooting @angelafromsa

If not already done feel free to turn off / on the internet router (if it's been on for a longer time).

Best Answer
0 Votes

@angelafromsa It's great to see you in the Community! So sorry to hear that your Aria scale has stopped syncing all of a sudden. I'd like to know if you have done what my friend @SunsetRunner advised. Also, If this doesn't get this issue fixed, my best advice is to contact our Customer Support team so they can investigate further and get this issue sorted out.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

My aria stopped syncing on August 18th for no reason.  Nothing has changed with my wifi and I have tried all of the trouble shooting.  I have tried to re-install numerous times and I keep getting the same message "wifi err".  I don't know what to try next, this is very frustrating.

Best Answer
My Aria stopped syncing round about March/April this year and still doesn't work. Nothing changed on my wifi, just one day I noticed that it hadn't synced for a while. I've tried all, and I mean all, of the trouble shooting steps. I've tried connecting again dozens of times, everything is fine until the last step and I get the error message.

Spoke to Fitbit support via chat twice, first time couldn't help as I didn't have a Windows PC to access the log files. Borrowed a Windows PC, uploaded the log files second time and was told my router is not compatible - even though it had been working for a bout a year. I was told that sometimes it works for a while even if the router is incompatible. I even contacted ASUS, the router manufacturer, they confirmed that my router does have the correct protocol and therefore should work.

At that point I gave up, until I tripped over the useless brick in my bathroom this morning. I'm about ready to abandon Fitbit all together (owned three Fitbit products so far: Aria doesn't work, Charge HR had to be replaced (to be fair, Fitbit handled that flawlessly), Flex was fine). I'd like a get a Charge 2 but think I will be going elsewhere.

I'm very frustrated with my Aria scale, it's a very expensive door stop.
Best Answer

I've had some similar experiences @SunsetRunner .  My Charge HR would never sync and the band was coming apart after a few short months, called Fitbit, and they sent me a replacement without making me jump through hoops.  

My Aria also was working fine then just all of a sudden wouldn't sync anymore. After various troubleshooting methods failed I eventually discovered that apparently my wireless router was sending the wrong kind of signal.  Since I have zero technical knowledge, I called internet provider, they changed the type of signal, and suddenly my Aria was working again.  For about 2-weeks, then it once again stopped syncing.  Annoying.

All of that being said, I now have a Charge 2, and the quality far exceeds that of the two HR's I had. The quality of the build is much better and I've had no issues with syncing or time being incorrect or anything else.  Very happy with this product.  Good luck with whatever you choose!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem.  Technical support said that my router had an internal update that made it incompatible, and suggested that I change the router settings from 802.11g/n to 802.11b/g/n since the Scale is compatible with protocol B.

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me 😞    It took around a week to get it working, and it just stopped a week ago....not worth the effort....

Best Answer

@kathie659 Thanks for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! So sorry to hear that your Aria scale stopped working. I'm happy to assist you with this issue, to do so. I need you to please let me know the following information; did your Aria scale stop syncing your data to your Dashboard? Did your Aria scale stop turning its display on?

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Display works on scale. I put weight in manually in the Android app. Until a few days ago, it synced itself...

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

@kathie659 I'm so glad to hear that your Aria scale is working and syncing properly! Thanks for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stopped on 9/7. No matter what I do I can’t get it to sync either. The scale weighs and displays just fine, and my phone “sees” it in the app, but zero information gets transferred from scale to my account. I feel your pain, it’s INCREDIBLY frustrating. 

Hey @Fitbit, HELP. 

Best Answer

@tankboy Thanks for participating in our Fitbit Community! Please let me know if you have made changes to your network such as password, router or network settings. Making changes to the network may affect the connection between your scale and WiFi. Therefore, a setup will be needed again.

Let me know how it goes my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's over a year since my Aria scales stopped syncing. I received no meaningful help from Fitbit - they tried but were unable to solve the problem. Blaming the router (which had been working perfectly) was an easy option and offered no resolution.

I replaced my Aria with a Withings scale and it connected to my WIFI in less than 30 seconds and has synced flawlessly ever since. It isn't perfect, the pulse wave velocity feature just does not work (it has worked on two occasions only since I've had it), but that's relatively minor annoyance.

Hopefully the new Fitbit scales will be better. 

Best Answer

Mine stopped syncing after 2.5 weeks. When I restart it the wifi is displayed. Not an easy workflow to fix these things. What a bother!

Who makes new B devices???  Had I known this I would not have purchased.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Thank you...did the change to b/g/n/ and it synched in less than 30 seconds.

Best Answer

I was so excited that aria finally started working....3 weeks later?       No longer synced....not going through the process of reconnecting, I'll enter weight manually..... Manufacturer should have gotten bugs out before producing this scale....

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Aria has been on the market for quite a while now, Fitbit must have been aware of the sync problems for most of this time yet they continue to sell it without offering a solution. I wish I had done more research before buying mine.

Best Answer

I couldn’t agree more.  Horrible experience.  4 chats and 4 hours later it’s my problem again.  Yet there are dozens of posts with this concern.  Unbelievable really.  And I’d the answer is by the new one then they have taken a page out of the iPhone book haven’t they?  And we see how that is turning out in court

Horrible experience.  4 chats and 4 hours later it’s my problem again.  Yet there are dozens of posts with this concern.  Unbelievable really.  And if the answer is buy the new one then they have taken a page out of the iPhone book haven’t they?  And we see how that is turning out in court .

Someone said in a post on here  “customer service is great and sent me a replacement”.  I was repeatedly was told no.  I was told in the chat that Comcast/xfinity recently changed their settings and that it’s a compatibility issue.  These threads go back 2 years! That isn’t recent and mine worked then.  I’m at a loss and disillusioned with the term customer support.

I couldn’t agree more.  Horrible experience.  4 chats and 4 hours later it’s my problem again.  Yet there are dozens of posts with this concern.  Unbelievable really.

I had four chats with them and got the same suggestion.  Didn’t work. Did anyone on this board get a resolution or did everyone just give up because no one could help.

rustrating doesn’t even do it justice.  And so many of us on here with the SAME issue.  “Worked, then stopped”. Contact support.  Did that no help.

A lot of caveats to this product apparently.  I was told repeatedly by chat agent that I had to change settings on a PC.  Don’t have one!  Didn’t realize that the trick to my scale working Iis to tell my service provider to NEVER make changes, and MUST have a laptop to troubleshoot.  Nothing for a 30 dollar scale would be this hard.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Agreed.  And now they won’t back replacements or refunds.  Extremely disappointing.

@SunsetRunner wrote:

The Aria has been on the market for quite a while now, Fitbit must have been aware of the sync problems for most of this time yet they continue to sell it without offering a solution. I wish I had done more research before buying mine.

Best Answer