Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Aria accuracy

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought and set up my Aria about a week ago. I immeidately noticed that it was reporting my weight about 2-2.5lbs lower than my existing scale. 

Doing an experiement, I placed a 25lb. dumbell on each scale getting 10 readings each. My old scale reported 25.0 -25.1 lbs each time. The Aria reported 23.1 - 23.3 lbs. each time. Since the dumbell is a known weight, to me the Aria is about 7% below what it should be.

I've read elsewhere on these forums about how an individual's weight can vary and how the Aria can report a variance of about 2lbs. In this case, I'm looking at a static weight  in the dumbell. 

While I can understand that I guess, what I have a problem with is consistent underreporting that I am seeing.  

Has anyone else done this type of experiement or observed something similar?

Cheers

Best Answer
178 REPLIES 178

I've done all their suggested help tips and none have made the scale work any better. If Amazon doesn't have it on their website any longer, there's a reason. I bought mine at Best Buy along with a warranty. I think I'll return it. I've put up with the inaccuracies long enough. It's a dude and Fitbit refuses to admit it. I love my Flex and am being gifted a Plum Charge HR so it's just about the Aria scale.

@coyotedave wrote:
I tried everything suggested but still no good. A scale is useless if it varies this much. How can Fitbit sell a product so unreliable as the aria in good conscience? They are not taking emails regarding the aria. When you do get through to them by phone they are very unhelpful. I wanted a replacement they refused to do it until I sent them the original receipt of purchase then they would decide whether to replace it or not. Yah right! Fitbit dropped the ball on this! Thank god Amazon isn't like this they refunded my money. Amazon has had so many returns they stopped selling the aria. Not a good sign for fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Aria weighs me 4 kilos lighter than my Beurer scale and also my physicians scale. If I quote my Aria weight people laugh.
Best Answer
0 Votes
When i first bought my Aria i found an accuracy of about 4 pounds — this was about a year and a half ago or so — so i stopped using it —
I decided to try again about 3 months ago and found it accurate to about .2 lb with my old home scale which has been perfectly the same as
the Weight Management Program’s scale for the last 4 years — so something seems mohave changed— thanx
Frank
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just purchased 2 aria scales. There is a difference of 1.5kg between them (the faulty one reads higher). I returned the faulty one (as I have another digital scale which matches the other Aria). I just setup the replacement Aria scale and this one is 1kg higher!

This is getting really annoying! Can someone help. Both Aria scales side by side !

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a digital scale that I use with my aria-- there is only a difference between the 2 of .2 lbs one way or the other or none at all---I'm good with that. Yours, Franzi (Forgive typos --fat fingers Small keys)
Best Answer
0 Votes

OK I have replaced the second faulty scale and the third thankfully is accurate!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Your lucky had to replace it 3 times then fitbit wouldn't respond to emails about 3rd one which kept saying error. When I finally talked to someone they were not helpful about replacing it. Went back to Amazon who thankfully refunded my money. I wouldn't be surprised that it will last a month or so then start reading error or give wild readings like 110 lbs then 280 lbs. It's poorly made and or designed.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I spoke too soon! My 3rd Aria is reading my body fat 60% more than the 1st Scale which read my weight as 1.5kg more.

I have to agree this is a very poor design and or the quality control must not exist.

I will try support again but not holding out for anything revelatory

Best Answer

Thanks for this solution. I have been experiencing up to 15 lb weight swings from day to day. i will try your fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up on the Aria. With 100+ pound variances in weigh ins! I can't believe that it's an error in my profile that's causing the problem. Time and time I would try to contact Fit Bit and get the run around. Re calibrate, etc etc. I like my other Fit Bit products but this scale is awful!
Best Answer
I don’t understand these wild variances — i have a digital scale and i have the aria there’s never more than .2 to .4 lb difference if there is one — am I the only lucky one when it comes to Aria?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad I found these posts as it related exactly to what I'm experiencing with my Aria.

In a one day span the Aria is reflecting a huge weight loss. Note eating/exercise patterns have not changed in the 24 hour span. Took multiple readings this morning on the same hard stone floor that I always weigh myself.. There is a 24 ++ pound change in a 24 hour period.

See attachment below.

How could this be?

Thanks,

Roger

Fitbit Screenshot.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

The next day I got these readingsm, back to 227.4 Lbs., which is more typical

Fitbit Screenshot 1.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Then the next day back to extremely low weights again. Again more inconsistent readings on the Aria, now from 227.4 lbs. down to 217.0 - 10 pound drop again as per screen shot from the previous day's weight readings.

Something is not making sense, whether with the senors/mechanics of this scale. What is peculiar is that others are having the same issue.

Does it need a firmware update to correct this, if that is possible, that would be great. A $129 scale should not have this discreptancy.

It's a pity being that the scale wirelessly uploads the readings, but what good is it if the readings are inaccruate.

Fitbit Screenshot 3.png

Best Answer
Hi Matthew
My Aria has a variance. I weigh myself 3 times in a row standing exactly the same way and it shows up to a pound or more difference. Also I'm on an extended vacation with a regula scal and want to manually input my weight into my Fitbit Aria stats while gone. Can I do that?
Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SassyNanny wrote:
Also I'm on an extended vacation with a regula scal and want to manually input my weight into my Fitbit Aria stats while gone.

You cannot input your weight data into the Aria, but you can add it manually to your Fitbit account, either in the mobile app, or in the Dashboard on your computer. In the mobile app, just tap on the weight row, then on the + sign in the upper right corner (this is in the Android app, but I guess it would be the same in the iOS or on a Windows Phone). In the Dashboard, click on See more, under the Weight tile (or go to https://www.fitbit.com/weight), then go to Log Weight at the bottom of the page.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@tsnouffer wrote:

I bought and set up my Aria about a week ago. I immeidately noticed that it was reporting my weight about 2-2.5lbs lower than my existing scale. 

Doing an experiement, I placed a 25lb. dumbell on each scale getting 10 readings each. My old scale reported 25.0 -25.1 lbs each time. The Aria reported 23.1 - 23.3 lbs. each time. Since the dumbell is a known weight, to me the Aria is about 7% below what it should be.

I've read elsewhere on these forums about how an individual's weight can vary and how the Aria can report a variance of about 2lbs. In this case, I'm looking at a static weight  in the dumbell. 

While I can understand that I guess, what I have a problem with is consistent underreporting that I am seeing.  

Has anyone else done this type of experiement or observed something similar?

Cheers

Mine has had wild swings, up 8, down 6 in just 2 days

i am no where near 350 so what explains such changes?

Best Answer
0 Votes

What I did to fix the problem was to smash the Aria scales to peices then bought a Garmin Index instead.

Everything is perfect now... Good days!

Best Answer

it may be true that it has its own calibrations, because it is its own scale, but what's going on with mine? It is totally inconsistent! I got on it this morning it said 184.2 (yesterday I was 190.4) so I got on again and it read 192, so I got on AGAIN and it read 190.6...so my roommate did it and they got a reading of 206, 213, 211. Both of us did these 3 different measurement within a minute of each measurement. It is on a hard surface (tile) and not being moved. Wth is up? 

Best Answer

Keep at Fitbit and they will eventually replace.

Best Answer
0 Votes